In this article
VIDIZMO allows you to create and design Surveys for your users, this allows them to have a more individualistic experience with your content than just superficial. Surveys help you take the feedback from the users and understand their view about the content.
In order to learn more about it, see: Understanding Survey.
Before you start
- Make sure you log into your portal as an Administrator, Manager or Moderator to be able to create a Survey.
Create a Survey
1. Click on the red Add New Media (+) icon towards the bottom right-hand corner.
2. You will be redirected to a new page, where you can choose to Create Survey.
3. Creating a basic Survey is as easy as carrying out these two basic steps:
i. Set a Title for your Survey.
ii. Drag and drop questions to your Survey.
However, there is more to VIDIZMO Surveys than just a basic mainstream survey. Here is how you can configure more settings and options to design a well-informed Survey.
Configure Survey Settings
4. You can configure the following settings for a Survey:
i. Selecting Initiate the Survey with an About-Survey page may set whether you want to start the Survey by informing the users what the Survey is about. This serves as a nice way to prepare them mentally before the Survey starts.
ii. Show Page Titles determine whether or not you want to include title of every page when the Survey is being taken.
iii. Show progress during Survey would enable users to see a progress bar at the top of the survey indicating how many pages out of total have been completed.
Configure Page Settings
5. You can configure the following settings for a Page within a Survey:
i. Page Title for every page within a Survey, it could be the subject area to which the questions are related to.
ii. Page Description would contain information/hint about the questions contained within a page for ease of understanding.
iii. You can choose the order in which to display questions during the Survey. Options include:
- Initial, which is as arranged by you while designing.
- Random, which shuffles questions in every survey attempt.
iv. Click Update to save settings.
Configure Question Settings
6. You can configure the following settings for a Question within a Survey:
i. You can choose the columns for your options to be displayed by typing in the number of columns as a Display in columns.
ii. Choose the Choices order to be displayed, where options include None, Ascending, Descending, Random.
iii. You can mark a question is Required, without answering which you can not proceed to the next page during the Survey.
iv. Start with new line determines if a question should be started in a new line, otherwise questions will be neatly displayed in columns.
v. Click Update to save settings.
After creating a Survey, using the option at your bottom left, you can choose to preview how your audience will experience it, choose dummy answers and complete the Survey for submission.
This is how a Survey would appear.