TABLE OF CONTENTS
After you first set up Amazon Storage via Setup Wizard, you can re-configure certain parameters such as your Amazon Storage bucket or the Elemental MediaConvert associated with your storage using VIDIZMO portal.
In order to learn how to automate the setup of your content provider and the encoding service provider via the VIDIZMO portal, see: Understanding Setup Wizard.
Before you start
- Administrators and Managers are allowed to view and edit settings of AWS Storage Provider.
- Any mistakes while configuring storage provider can break the uploading/encoding process.
AWS Console Configurations
Here, you need to manually set up your AWS storage account with media services so that you are able to update related configuration details in VIDIZMO portal.
1. Create an Amazon S3 bucket, click, to see: How do I create an S3 Bucket, to store your content in it. VIDIZMO’s naming convention for Amazon Storage is to give it a name according to your tenant ID such as et-5964, etc.. This is done for unique identification. Copy its name for later use in the VIDIZMO portal.
2. Content Upload URL: This URL helps VIDIZMO make requests to Amazon S3 endpoints. Content Upload URL follows the structure below
For example, if a Storage bucket has created with below attributes
a. Name: AmazonStorageTestAccout
b. Region: North Virginia. Click, to see the list of Amazon S3 Endpoints
c. Tenant ID: 12345 (VIDIZMO portal ID can be found in VIDIZMO Configuration section)
Then, the Content Upload URL would be https://AmazonStorageTestAccout.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/12345
3. To get the provider URL, go to https://console.aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/home and copy Domain Name from there. It will be used later in the VIDIZMO Configuration section.
4. Use this tutorial to get the Access Key and Secret Key from your AWS account. These keys will be used in the VIDIZMO Portal Configuration section, so keep them in a safe place.
1. From the Portal's Homepage:
i. Click on the navigation menu on the top left of your screen.
ii. Expand the Admin tab.
iii Click on Control Panel.
2. From the Manage Portal navigation pane in Control Panel:
i. Select the Storage Providers tab.
ii. Hover over your respective Storage Provider to see the edit icon appear under Action and click on it.
3. From the alert generated:
i. Click Continue to be routed to the edit page.
4. On the Edit Storage Provider screen, you will also be able to view current settings, which you can update. Following are the editable parameters for AMS Storage:
i. Provider Name displays the name of the Storage Provider configured on your portal.
ii. Enter here the Content Upload URL generated in step 2.
iii. Enter here the Provider URL copied in step 3.
iv. Enter here the Bucket Name which was created in step 1.
v. Enter here the Access Key we got in step 4.
vi. Enter here Secret Key copied in step 4.
vii. Check the Content Types which you want to use the storage with.
viii. Click the Update button to save changes.
Note: After completing the Storage Update process above, the Setup Wizard will need to be run again so the content can be serve. To understand How to run the Setup Wizard, click here.