An Encoder converts media files into multiple formats and renditions for enabling the user to play it on multiple devices/platforms. Azure Media Services transcodes media files in limited formats and renditions. AMS provides storage, transcoding as well as streaming endpoints. VIDIZMO offers its users to view and update configuration settings of pre-configured Encoding Providers due to evolving business requirements.
To learn more about Encoding, see: Understanding Encoding in VIDIZMO.
Before you start
- Administrators and Managers view and edit configured Azure Media Services (AMS) Encoder.
- Any mistakes while configuring encoding service provider can break the encoding process and lead to playback issues.
Azure Portal Configuration
Here, you need to manually set up your Azure media services account so that you are able to update related configuration details in VIDIZMO portal.
1. Create a media services account and associate it with the Azure storage account you want to use with the encoding service.
2. Next, you need to authenticate VIDIZMO Application to connect with your AMS Account. As mentioned, copy the Azure AD Tenant Domain, REST API Endpoint, Media Services resource, Application ID and Client Secret for later use in VIDIZMO portal.
VIDIZMO Portal Configuration
1. From the Portal's Homepage
i. Click on the navigation menu on the top left of your screen.
ii. Expand Admin tab.
iii Click on Control Panel.
2. From the Manage Portal navigation pane in Control Panel. Expand Encoding tab and select Encoding Providers.
i. This displays the name of the Encoding Provider that you configured initially through Setup Wizard. To learn more about Setup Wizard, see: Understanding Setup Wizard.
ii. Enter the Content Upload URL copied here as default endpoint for your blob storage account, which corresponds to the URL that defines where the content will be stored.
iii. Enter ProviderURL copied here as streaming endpoint hostname for your media service, which corresponds to the path URL where media will be cached and streamed from.
iv. Enter the Container Name for your blob storage copied here.
v. Enter the Storage Name copied here that refers to the name of your storage account in Azure portal.
vi. Enter Access Key for your Storage Account copied here.
vii. Enter the Azure AD Tenant Domain copied here while authentication VIDIZMO application to connect with your AMS account.
viii. Enter or copy the Rest API End Point copied here while authentication VIDIZMO application to connect with your AMS account.
ix. Enter Application ID copied here while authentication VIDIZMO application to connect with your AMS account.
x. Enter Client Secret copied here while authentication VIDIZMO application to connect with your AMS account.
xi. Choose AMS as your DRM Provider from the dropdown.
xii. Choose whether or not you need Persistent license. To learn more about it, see: How to Enable DRM.
xiii. Enter the Content Types that you will retrieve from this storage provider. You can select from the available options such as Video, Audio, Misc, etc.
xiv. Click on Update button to save changes.
A notification will appear briefly stating: Encoding Provider has been Updated Successfully.