VIDIZMO provides the ability to add custom fields in the join Portal form if there is a need to register additional details from a user apart from the basic information. You can add as many customized fields in the form as required.
To learn about User Registration Fields, see: Understanding Portal's Security.
Administrators and Managers can add custom fields in Join Portal form for additional user information.
1. From the Portal's Homepage:
i. Click on the navigation menu on the top left of your screen.
ii. Expand the Admin tab.
iii Click on Control Panel.
2. From the Manage Portal navigation pane in Control Panel:
i. Expand Security tab.
ii. Select User Registration Fields.
iii. Next, click on the Add Custom Field button.
3. The Add Custom Field section gets loaded to allow you to add various types of custom fields.
i. Enter an appropriate Field Name for your custom field.
ii. Select the Field Type as required. A Text field is a basic text control that enables the user to type a small amount of text whereas a DropDown field provides users a number of options to choose from, which can be populated using the Values field that appears when DropDown Field Type is selected. Similarly, when adding a Date field, calendars appear to allow From & To dates to be selected.
iii. Click on Add Custom Field.
A message will be displayed informing you about the successful creation of the new profile field.
Note: The custom fields can also be edited and deleted if required. To learn more about it, see: How To Manage Custom Attributes
1. To observe the changes, enter the Portal URL in another browser and click on the Join LexCorp link.
2. The newly added field, Company Name as in the Step 3 of our example above, is displayed with the rest of the default User Registration Fields.
Roles and Permissions
- Administrators and Managers can add custom fields in Join Portal form for additional user information.