In this article
VIDIZMO allows you to upload, save, view and modify images as part of its comprehensive Digital Asset Management solution. To learn more about how you can control the processing of your image files and further define the characteristics of the output renditions, see: Understanding Image Processing.
Here is how you may carry out the following on an image using the Playback Page:
Before you start
Make sure to log in to your VIDIZMO portal with certain role that allows you to carry out designated tasks. Below is a specification of how these access rights and permissions vary:
- Administrator, Moderator, Manager and Contributor can view, annotate and share an image, along with all its interactivity options.
- A Viewer or an authenticated user may like an image, view its annotations, add it to their favorites, share it with others, and report an issue with it.
- An anonymous user may only be allowed to view an image and its annotations depending upon the media access settings and portal's security policy.
To learn more about these roles, see: Understanding User Roles.
Note: These scenarios are heavily dependent on the Security Policy that you have configured for your portal, along with the settings you choose while uploading media. The afore-mentioned settings apply on Public portals.To learn more about them, see: Portal's Security Policies and Understanding Media Settings.
Image Viewer Options
1. From Portal's homepage, or media library page, click on the image that you wish to view.
2. On the Playback page, you can see an image viewer rich with various controls as explained below:
i. The window icon on the top expands the right pane for you to be able to view information related to the media e.g. its title, description etc, as well as other media on the portal that you might be interested in watching. Using this expansion, you can further share the image with your friends, favorite it to view later in your portal, like it to give your feedback, report an issue or download a local copy of your content file. Whereas the comment icon on the bottom allows you to leave comments on the video.
ii. The full-screen icon enables you to expand the dimensions of the image to the full width and height of your screen for an optimal visual experience. The overflow menu below it helps you determine the quality of the image from a list of multiple renditions to cater to various bandwidth requirements as well as viewer preference.
iii. Starting from the right of the image controls panel, you can use the clockwise and anti-clockwise rotations to adjust your frame's angle as per your requirement. The next two controls help you zoom in/out of the image to be able to view intricate details within an image frame. Next, having the ability to zoom into a certain point of preference in your image file, you also have the added capability to add short notes to highlight those parts of the image for others' reference or review. Clicking on annotations icon, turns your image into a canvas where you are free to navigate wherever and pin some ancillary notes for collaborative assessment or appraisal. Beside annotations, you can use the reset icon to undo all changes made to the image so far. The eye icon helps you control whether or not you wish to display the annotations on screen while viewing the image by default. This enables users to customize their viewer experience against every image by toggling annotations display on/off whenever required.
Image Sharing and Interactivity Options
1. To share an image via the playback page:
i. Expand the window using the window icon on the top right of the image.
ii. Clicking Share icon, you can use VIDIZMO's advanced sharing options to send media viewership request via email or set Limited Share license on the media for the particular user you are sharing it with. To learn more about it, see: How to Share Media with Specific Viewers/Groups.
iii. Similarly, you can share via multiple platforms including facebook, linkedin, twitter and Mail.
2. There are other interactivity options beside the image to allow users to favourite, register feedback, download (if allowed) and like the media. Lastly the overflow menu allows users (Moderator+ roles) to edit settings and view media related statistics for further insights into its usage and viewership, however these options depend on the media settings configured while uploading the image. To learn more about media statistics, see: Understanding Quality of Experience and Understanding Media Analytics.
VIDIZMO's advanced image processing capabilities consolidate to form this feature-rich image viewer which helps enhance user's search and viewer experience.