In this article
Microsoft Azure Marketplace is a central location with the growing portfolio of applications and services that seamlessly work on Azure. And so, it provides the customer with a one stop shop place to go where they can find, discover, and purchase and deploy all these applications and services, which can also be configured in a scalable manner.
VIDIZMO is available in Azure Marketplace, allowing organizations to leverage their existing Enterprise Agreement with Microsoft to launch VIDIZMO in their machines within minutes. The pre-purchased Azure account subscription helps our customers avail significant cost savings and hassle-free installation in their existing cloud account.
Before you start
- Microsoft Azure account’s subscription is required for the VIDIZMO VM setup.
VIDIZMO Virtual Machine Setup
1. Login to your Azure Account.
2. There are two methods to reach to the VIDIZMO’s Virtual Machine, available in Azure Marketplace.
i. Use the VIDIZMO’s public listing on Azure Marketplace, for this;
a. Go to Azure Marketplace and search for VIDIZMO. It will display all available VIDIZMO product packages.
b. Select the required product package, let’s say VIDIZMO Digital Evidence Management (DEM), and start Virtual Machine deployment (step 03).
ii. Go to your Azure Portal.
a. Click on Create a resource.
b. Search for VIDIZMO and select the required product package (VIDIZMO Digital Evidence Management - DEM) in this case.
3. After selecting the required product package, the next step is to Create the VM for this;
i. Click on Create.
Note: Before VM creation, it is recommended to see the Overview and Plans details of the product package so, the right VM can be created.
4. After clicking on the Create button, you will be taken to the configurations/setup screen. Here you will have to complete below settings;
ii. VIDIZMO Infrastructure Settings
iii. User Information
iv. Review + Create
5. In the Basic settings tab, you are required to fill the Virtual Machines’ details which help you login to the VIDIZMO VM to manage it. In this screen you are required to enter;
i. Subscription: In this field, you will select your Microsoft Partnered Network (MPN) subscription.
ii. Resource group: This field lets you select/create the resource group in VIDIZMO VM. Click here to learn more about Azure Resources.
iii. Region: From this field, you can select the location for the VM to be deployed. Selecting the location near to your users’ location will result in faster content delivery.
iv. Administrator Username
v. Administrator Password
vi. Confirm Password
vii. Now click on VIDIZMO Infrastructure Settings.
VIDIZMO Infrastructure Settings
6. In this screen, you are required to enter the following details;
i. Virtual Network: Virtual Network enables many types of Azure resources, such as Azure Virtual Machines (VM), to securely communicate with each other, the internet, and on-premises networks. Click here to understand, What is Azure Virtual Network?
ii. Subnets: A subnet is a range of IP addresses in the Virtual Network. You can divide a Virtual Net into multiple subnets for organization and security. Click here to learn more about Virtual networks and subnets.
iii. Public IP Address: Public IP Address will help communicate VIDIZMO virtual machine from outside the virtual network.
Click on Create New to add Public IP Address.
iv. DNS Label: It is the label for VIDIZMO Server’s public IP address, which hosts the VIDIZMO application. It will act as the URL of your VIDIZMO portal.
v. Application Virtual Machine Name: It is used as the Azure’s application resource
vi. Application Virtual Machine Size: Select a VM size to support the workload that you want to run. The standard configurations are mentioned below but these configurations can be updated, as per your requirements, by clicking on Change Size:
a. VM Size: E16 v3
b. 16 vcpus
c. 123 GiB memory
Click here to learn more about General purpose virtual machine sizes.
vii. Application VM Data Disk type: From here you can select the Data Disk type of the VM.
Click here to know more about Managed Disks pricing.
viii. Application VM Data Disk Size: From the drop-down option select the VM Data Disk Size.
ix. Database Virtual Machine Name: It will be the name of the database of the VIDIZMO VM created in SQL Server.
x. Database Virtual Machine Size: Select a VM size to support the workload that you want to run.
xi. Database VM Data Disk type: From here you can select the Data Disk type of the VM.
xii. Database VM Data Disk size: From the drop-down option select the VM Data Disk Size.
xiii. SQL Authentication Username: In this field, enter the SQL Authentication login you will use to connect to SQL Server. The sysadmin role will be assigned to this login.
xiv. SQL Authentication Password: In this field enter the password associated with the SQL Authentication login.
xv. SQL Confirm password: Confirm the password created in the above step.
xvi. Click Next to proceed.
7. In this screen you will be asked to provide your personal information as well as your company details;
i. Your Email Address: Provide your email address for VIDIZMO application details to be sent by Azure.
ii. Your First Name: Provide your first name.
iii. Your Last Name: Provide your last name.
iv. Organization Name: Provide your organization name.
v. Website URL: Provide your organization website URL.
vi. Phone Number: Provide your phone number.
vii. I would like to: Select one of the available options from the drop-down in case you want to communicate the support or sales team of VIDIZMO. Otherwise, select Do Nothing.
viii. Where did you hear about us? Provide the source information e.g. social media.
ix. Click Review + Create to proceed.
Review + Create
8. On this screen, you can take a look at all of the information you have provided from step 1 to 7. If you think any information is incorrect so you can go back and update it. If the information is fine, then click Next to proceed to start VM creation.
9. The VM deployment progress can be seen through the notifications tray.
11. After successful deployment, you will see the below screen.
Using the VIDIZMO Application
12. When the deployment is successful, you will receive an email from VIDIZMO. This e-mail will have;
i. Email: Use this e-mail to login to your portal.
ii. Password: Enter this password to login.
iii. Application URL: Click on this link to go to your portal.
iv. Getting started links: Use these links to understand basics settings to get started using your VIDIZMO portal.
Note: VIDIZMO Application comes with a free 60 day fully functional trial license. After the trial period ends, you can purchase a full production license by contacting VIDIZMO Sales Team.
13. Once you click on the Application URL given in the Email Notification, you will access to the portal. Here enter the Email and Password provided in the same email to login to your portal.