In this article
Organizations spend a fortune on centralizing the storage and management of their digital content, which is why VIDIZMO brought an easy solution for you to integrate your existing SharePoint (CMS) portal with VIDIZMO.
VIDIZMO allows you to browse your VIDIZMO portal, stream digital content and interact with your peers over the content, all within your own SharePoint site.
Before you start
- You must be a SharePoint Site Global Administrator and VIDIZMO Portal's Manager+ to carry out the steps required to install VIDIZMO App for SharePoint.
- You will have to perform certain changes to enable your SharePoint portal for anonymous access. Read more about it here.
- Note that you will have to authorize every SharePoint domain upon which you will be installing and running the VIDIZMO app. This means that a SharePoint portal with domain xyz.com will have its own authorization key, and another SharePoint portal on a sub-domain abc.xyz.com will have a different authorization key.
- Each authorization key shall correspond to the Manager who generated the key against that domain. This means that all automated administrative functions being performed by VIDIZMO app in SharePoint portal shall be done on the behalf of this specific user. These functions include user profile and groups creation in VIDIZMO application to sync with users and groups in SharePoint portal, etc.
Here are a few steps of how you can authorize your SharePoint domain in VIDIZMO Portal.
Integrate with Content Management Apps
iii. Click on the Settings tab and you'll be directed to Portal Settings page.
2. On Portal Settings page:
i. Click on the Apps to expand the list of application services that you can integrate with.
ii. Select Content Management Systems where you can set up VIDIZMO for SharePoint.
iii. Click on the settings icon against SharePoint to use your portal from within your SharePoint site.
Authorize SharePoint Domain
1. Click on Add New to authorize your SharePoint domain.
2. Here is how you can authorize your SharePoint domain:
i. Enter the Domain of your SharePoint portal. Make sure to exclude ports like 8080 and protocol like http:// from the URL.
ii. Specify the Expiry date for this token, after which your SharePoint portal will no longer be authorized to run VIDIZMO App.
iii. Click on Add to generate API Key.
3. Next, click on the Copy icon next to your API Key to save it for later use while configuring VIDIZMO App in SharePoint portal. Hit Close.
4. After landing back on the Content Management Apps page,
i. Enable the toggle button next to your app to activate it.
Now, your VIDIZMO app is ready to be installed and configured in SharePoint. Read more to learn how.
Below are some steps that will smoothly enable you to add VIDIZMO app to your SharePoint site.
Install VIDIZMO App
1. First, you need to add VIDIZMO app from your organizational App Catalog.
i. In order to do that, follow the 2nd of the 3 options to add app from App Catalog in the given article: Add apps for SharePoint to SharePoint site.
ii. You will be asked to grant permission to the app, click on Trust It to allow it access.
Configure App Settings
1. When you are done adding the app:
i. Click on the installed app.
ii. You will be asked to log into the app, where you will have to sign in using the credentials of the member of the SharePoint site.
Note: Essentially, all users who have Edit rights of that SharePoint site will be able to configure VIDIZMO app for SharePoint. To learn more about it, see: Default Permission Levels and User Permissions.
2. From the Configure VIDIZMO App page:
i. Enter the Portal URL of your VIDIZMO application that you wish to use from within your SharePoint site.
ii. Enter the API authorization key you generated in your VIDIZMO portal against your SharePoint domain in Step
3. After successful installation, you will be notified as follows:
i. Click on Go to Homepage to start using VIDIZMO Portal within your SharePoint site.
4. Here is a demonstration of how smoothly your VIDIZMO portal will be made available from within your SharePoint portal.
Here are a few ways you can troubleshoot VIDIZMO app for SharePoint:
- You may have forgotten to activate your SharePoint app after configuration. Learn how to do it here.
Read more about SharePoint integration here: