TABLE OF CONTENTS
You can now control how you wish to navigate through the faceted search results within the library against the Categories in your portal. To learn more about Categories, see: Understanding Categories.
Before you start
- Only Manager+ users are able to customize Category count listing on Media Library from Portal Settings.
Customize Category Count Setting
1. From the Portal Settings page:
i. Click on the Library tab to expand its options.
ii. Select Categories under the Library tab.
iii. Click on the gear icon against Categories to configure certain settings which are applicable throughout.
2. From Category Settings modal:
i. Show Content Count on Categories determines whether or not to filter Category count based on the content being fetched in faceted search results.
ii. Click on Update to save setting.
Here is a detailed explanation of how both settings work:
- If you enable the check to show original content count on categories, then your search results will not affect the count of total content that resides in each category.
For example you have 15 media under Category A and 10 under Category B. And after your search, you have 3 media in search results out of which 1 belongs to Category A and 2 belong to Category B - the count against your Categories will remain as-is.
- However, if you choose to disable it, then the count against each category will reflect the count of media that have been returned in search results based on your search query (keyword, tag, etc).
In the same example as above, you will see that Category counts reflect that of the search results such that Category A will now show 1 and Category B will now show 2 against them.