In this article
VIDIZMO allows users to brand their players according to various different use-cases as per customer needs. Through creating individual player templates, you get the ability to custom-choose controls on your player, toggle on/off whether someone can select different quality renditions of a video, configure if a video/audio should play as muted by default until unmuted by the user, switch on/off subtitles control from the player options and much more.
To learn more about it, see: Understanding Player Templates.
VIDIZMO offers the functionality of setting a Default Player Template for every media (Audio, Video, Live, Playlist) to define a widely-accepted set of configurations for the respective media player. For every media file uploaded, its corresponding default player template is selected which can then be changed by the user if required.
VIDIZMO offers some built-in player templates referred to as Global Templates for every media file format. These templates can not be edited or deleted for following reasons:
- Global Templates are set as default player template to help in smooth functioning of application when the user does not feel the need to define a custom player template.
- Secondly, if a user sets a custom-created template as default player template but at a later point in time wants to delete it, Global Template for that media file format is then set as the default player template to avoid any disruption in application workflow.
You can set your own custom-made template as default player template to apply it to all videos uploaded in a portal by default, unless an alternative is selected by the user. Following is how you can change your portal's default player template:
Before you start
- Make sure to log in to your application as an Administrator or Manager to change default Player Template.
- You can not delete the default player template unless you choose another as default for smooth application behaviour.
- When you update a player template, the settings for previously uploaded videos on which the template applies won't automatically be updated. However, you can select "Update all presentations on which this template applies" for the changes to reflect in previously uploaded presentations as well.
Go to Player Templates
1. From the Portal's Homepage:
i. Click on the menu icon on the top left-hand corner of the screen to bring up the left navigation pane.
ii. Then click on the down arrow to expand the Admin section.
iii Select Settings to open the Portal Settings navigation panel.
2. From the Portal Settings navigation pane:
i. Click on the Branding to expand the list of operations that can be performed.
ii. Select Player Template to navigate to your respective template.
iii. Hover over the the template which you wish to set as default to see the control icons appear at the end of the row. Click Edit icon.
Set Template as Default
3. On Update Player Template screen:
i. Here, you may enable the check Default Presentation Template option to mark it as default.
ii. Click Save and Close to update your settings.