VIDIZMO allow its users to access and maintain their user profile. Moreover, to avoid privacy breaches, VIDIZMO advises its users to change its passwords on a frequent basis. Users have to adhere to VIDIZMO's password policy while changing the password.
VIDIZMO's default password policy dictates that:
- It must be of at least 8 characters long.
- It must contain at least 1 digit.
- It must have at least 1 uppercase character.
- It must have at least 1 lowercase character.
- Can contain special characters, but cannot contain spaces and symbols like \'?>/,"|
In order to change password, read How to Change Password.
Note: Federated User are redirected to their respective IdP (Identity Provider) in order to change the password.
Here is how a user can view or update profile:
Steps to View and Update My Profile
1. From the Portal's Homepage:
i. Click on the User icon on the top right to access Profile under My Profile.
ii. Click on Profile.
2. Select Edit Profile.
3. A form will open where you can edit and update your personal information. This page varies for every user role defined in VIDIZMO.
- For Administrator and Managers:
The user can edit the Profile Picture, First Name, Last Name, Email, Default Language, Groups, Email Subscription, Country, State, City and Assigned Role.
For Email Subscription, VIDIZMO allows the user to enable certain email notifications. These includes:
- E-061 (Send Mail to Admin on User Signup): Notify the Administrator and Manager when a new user signs up to the Portal.
- E-062 (Media Feedback): Notify the Administrator and Manager when a user report an issue regarding any published media.
- E-065 (Rights Request Email to Admin): Notify when a user request Administrative rights.
- E-077 (Comment Approval Required): Notify when a user comments on any media. The administrator or manager requires to approve or reject them.
- E-078 (Media Approval Required): Notify whenever a user posts any media. This media requires approval by administrator or manager before getting published on the portal.
- E-092 (Content Processing Failed): Notify an admin or manager when content processing fails.
- E-095 (Subscription Cancelled): The subscription of user has been cancelled from PayPal.
This user can edit the Profile Picture, First Name, Last Name, Email, Default Language, Groups, Email Subscription, Country, State and City. The Email Subscription relating to this Role are E-062, E-077, E-078 and E-092. Thus, enabling the user to receive the notifications needed.
The Moderator can even request a new Role within the Portal. To do this, read How to Request a New Role.
- For Contributor and Viewer:
This user role can edit the Profile Picture, First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Country, State, City and Default Language. The user can request a new Role within the Portal. To do this, read How to Request a New Role.
To add or edit profile picture, see How to Add User Profile Picture.
Roles and Permissions
- All roles, namely Viewers, Contributors, Moderators, Managers and Administrators can access and edit their User Profile.