In this article
VIDIZMO helps you address all concerns regarding whether your live stream viewers are still stuck to their screen enjoying your session or have started browsing the internet while the session keeps dragging on in an adjacent tab? Or is it that the statistical numbers do not truly represent the engagement graph of the viewers with your live stream?
Now with VIDIZMO Surveys, you can publish interactive Surveys during a Live Stream for your audience right after you finish explaining a product feature, or conceptual topic to gauge your audience's understanding of the content, get some crucial feedback on the design and presentation of information/feature and crunch the right numbers to substantially improve session-planning strategies.
Before you start
- Make sure you log into your Portal as an Administrator, Manager or Moderator to be able to use Live Studio within a live session.
- If you wish to publish a Survey during a live broadcast meant for external audiences (anonymous users) as well, make sure your Survey is set to be accessible by Anonymous users in Media Settings.
- Live Stream should already be scheduled in order to insert Surveys within Live Stream. Learn more about how to do it here: How to conduct a Live Stream.
- To understand the basics of how a live stream works and the rich interactivity options your viewers will be able to avail, read more about it here: Interactivity Options in a Live Session.
Go to Live Studio
1. From the Portal's Homepage:
i. From the top left navigation menu, expand the Admin tab and click on the Media Manager to manage your portal's media centrally.
ii. After locating the live session you wish to add interactive media to, select it.
iii. Go to Live Studio.
Publish Survey during Live Stream
1. From Live Control Room, we recommend that before you start the session, import your portal's Surveys here in the Interactions Pane below. This will ease publishing the survey during the live session.
i. At the bottom of the screen, click on the plus icon and select "Import Quiz/Survey" to maintain a library of relevant surveys in the live studio so that you can publish any one of them anytime during the session.
ii. From Import Quiz/Survey modal, you can search for existing Surveys in your portal to load them here. Below you will be able to see a listing of all the Surveys you choose to populate here in the Interactions Pane. Click Add when you are done.
iii. Now you will be able to see a listing of all surveys you imported from your VIDIZMO Portal.
iv. During the live stream whenever you feel like publishing a survey for feedback by your live audience, you can make it go live by clicking on Publish.
v. The published survey will appear to viewers (see below) using which live viewers can submit the survey.
vi. When viewers submit the survey, they receive a confirmation message at the end.
Note: Surveys shall only be visible to those who have access. While publishing a Survey during live session, it is highly recommended to set its access to "Anonymous users" for uninterrupted streaming experience. Learn more about access settings here.
View Live Survey Reporting
1. From Live Studio, in the statistics and reporting section, you can view live reports of surveys you pushed during the live session.
i. Here, you can see the report of the Survey currently pushed during the live stream. These statistics shall be updating along with the number of live submissions giving you a clear count of the number of responses being received. These live statistics give you insight about audience attention during the live session.
ii. When you mark a Survey as Complete, then you can see the live reports of all published surveys and quizzes enlisted chronologically in the Reports section.
iii. You can also view a detail-oriented report for any specific survey by clicking on the title of the survey in the Reports tab.
Learn more about the various options to control your live stream here: Understanding Live Control Room.