Facebook offers reliable integration for Single Sign-On for all your web and mobile applications. The service offers a full-featured federation engine and flexible access policy. A user can log in with a single ID to gain access to a connected system or systems without being prompted to enter different usernames or passwords.
Note: Create a Facebook Account. For more click here How do I create a Facebook account?
Configuration in Facebook
1. Go to Facebook for developer and click on LOG IN.
2. From the Log in to Facebook screen:
i. Enter your Email Address and Password.
ii. Click on the Log In button to proceed.
3. After successfully logged into your Facebook account:
i. Click on the My Apps on the right-hand side of the top menu bar.
ii. Next, click on the Create New App button.
4. Create a New App Id popup window will appear:
i. Enter Display Name (Any Name).
ii. Next, enter Contact Email.
iii. Click on the Create App ID button.
5. If Security Check popup window will appear, please complete the Security Check.
6. Once Submitted, you will be redirected to the Dashboard Screen:
i. On left hand size click on the Settings.
ii. Select Basic.
iii. Note down or copy App ID.
iv. Then note down or copy App Secret.
v. Display Name as you provided in #step4.
vi. Enter App Domains which is the URL of your VIDIZMO portal.
vii. Contact Email as you provided in #step4.
viii. Enter Site URL which is the URL of your VIDIZMO portal.
ix. Click on the Save Changes button to save changes.
7. Once you have successfully save the basic settings.
i. Click on the PRODUCT + icon.
ii. Select Facebook Login.
iii. Next, click on the Settings.
iv. Paste Valid OAuth Redirect URLs.
v. Click on the Save Changes button to proceed.
8. Once you have successfully saved Product Facebook Login Settings.
i. Click on the Roles drop-down.
ii. Next, select Roles.
iii. To add Administrators out of someone you are not friends with on Facebook.
Note: Add Users (To whom you want to give access to VIDIZMO via facebook SSO). If Users are not added then they will not be able to Login via Facebook SSO. For more click here App Roles.
9. Add Administrators popup window will appear:
i. Enter the name, fbid or username of the person you want to add
ii. Click on the Submit button.
iii. For your security, you must re-enter your password to continue.
iv. Click on the Submit button.
10. Once submitted, the request stays in a pending state until approved by the user who was added in #step 9 .
11. The added user must accept the request from his/her Facebook account and click on the notification requests.
12. After clicking on the notification from the previous step, the user is redirected to the Become a Facebook Developer screen to begin the registration process.
i. Click on the Register Now button.
ii. Welcome to Facebook for Developers popup window will appear, use the Next button to proceed to the next screen.
iii. A popup window will appear: Which of theses best describe what you do. Select one of the options.
iv. Then click on the Confirm button to proceed.
13. A notification will appear stating: You accepted the request for LexCorp sent by Ryan.
Configuration in VIDIZMO
1. From the Portal's Homepage,
i. Click on the navigation menu on top left corner.
ii. Expand Admin tab.
iii. Click on the Settings tab and you'll be directed to Portal Settings page.
2. On Portal Settings page,
i. Click on the Apps tab on the left-hand panel.
ii. Further click on the Single Sign-On tab.
iii. Locate the Facebook App on the screen, and click on the Settings icon at the right-hand side.
3. The Facebook SSO Settings screen offers various fields, each of which is explained below:
i. Client ID: This attribute is the unique identifier for the client application.
ii. Client Secret: The client secret is used in conjunction with Client Id to authenticate the client application as noted in step #10.
iii. Callback Path: Specifies the callback location where the authorization will be sent to your Portal.
iv. Attribute Mapping: Attribute Mapping allows you to map your attributes with the IDP's attributes.
v. Use the Save button to save your changes.
A notification will appear stating Portal Information Updated Successfully.
4. On the Portal Settings > Apps > Single Sign-On screen:
i. Click on the toggle button at the right-side of Facebook to enable Facebook SSO.
Navigate to the Portal's login screen and you will see an option Sign in with Facebook. To learn further about signing in, read Sign in using Facebook.
Note: Since URLs are provided in https mode therefore site should be on https to login via Facebook SSO Credentials
Roles and Permissions
Only Administrators and Managers can configure an SSO App in Portal Settings.