In this article
AWS Marketplace is a curated digital catalog that makes it easy for customers to find, buy, consume and manage third-party software, services, etc that customers need to build solutions and run their business. AWS Marketplace includes thousands of software listings from digital content management and machine learning to security and networking.
Before you start
- AWS account with sufficient credit is required for purchasing the VIDIZMO VM from AWS Marketplace.
VIDIZMO Virtual Machine Setup on AWS
The first step for the Virtual Machine Setup is to subscribe to the product.
1. Log in to your Marketplace account by visiting AWS Marketplace website.
i. Search for VIDIZMO.
ii. Select the required product, that suits your needs.
2. A new screen will be opened
i. Here you would see the product's Overview, Pricing, Usage, and Support details.
ii. Next, click on Continue to Subscribe to proceed.
3. Now, the subscription screen will be opened.
i. Read the terms and conditions carefully.
ii. Click on the Accept Terms button to proceed to the next step.
4. After completing the Subscription, you will be directed to the Configuration page.
i. Click on the Continue to Configurations button to continue configuration for the selected VIDIZMO product.
ii. On the Configurations page, select Fulfillment Option. The fulfillment option helps you select how you wish to deploy the software via selecting the Cloud Formation Templates. Click here to read more about AWS CloudFormation Templates
iii. In the Software Version filed, select the AWS Template Format Version. It is the representation of AWS Web Resources. Click here to read more about AWS CloudFormation.
iv. Select a suitable region for deploying virtual machines.
v. Click on Continue to Lunch button, to launch the VIDIZMO Virtual Machine.
Launch Stack Creation Wizard
5. Software/Virtual Machine Launch screen will be opened, here you will be able to review your configurations and chooses how you wish to launch the software.
i. In Choose Action, select Launch Cloud Formation. To launch your configuration through the AWS Cloud Formation console.
ii. After completing the review, click on the Launch button. This will take you to the selected VIDIZMO portal.
5. Once you click on the launch button, you will be directed to the stack creation Wizard. Here you can read more about Starting the Create Stack Wizard.
Step 1: Specify Template
6. AWS CloudFormation templates are JSON- or YAML-formatted files that specify the AWS resources that make up your stack. Here you can read more about Selecting a Stack Template.
i. In Prerequisite - Prepare Template, select Template is ready.
ii. In the Specify Template, select the Amazon S3 URL. On this link, the AWS resource files have made available for Cloud Formation.
iii. Click Next.
Note: You will find all of the above settings by default, therefore, it is recommended that you do not change any configuration.
Step 2: Specify Stack Details
7. After selecting a stack template, specify the stack name and values for the parameters that were defined in the template. Here you can read more about Specifying Stack Name and Parameters
i. Stack Name: Give your stack a suitable name.
ii. VPC: Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) lets you provision a logically isolated section of the AWS Cloud where you can launch AWS resources in a virtual network. From drop-down select vpc-acfe4d6(172.31.0.0/16).
iii. Subnet: Select the available subnets from the drop-down menu.
iv. RDP Access: In this field select the IP from which you are likely to RDP into the instance. In this article, we have used 0.0.0.0/0 that gives RDP Access to any IP. For security purposes, you can define a specific IP Address also. Click here for understanding Remote Desktop Gateway on AWS.
v. HTTP Access: Here you will define the IP from where you are likely to get HTTP traffic.
vi. Resource Group: Here, provide a resource group name. It can be any set of a string of your choice. Resource groups make it easier to manage and automate tasks on large numbers of resources at one time.
vii. VIDIZMO Application Instance: From the drop-down select the instance type for the VIDIZMO Application Server. AWS provides a wide selection of instance types optimized to fit different use cases. Instance types comprise varying combinations of CPU, memory, storage, and networking capacity and give you the flexibility to choose the appropriate mix of resources for your applications. Each instance type includes one or more instance sizes, allowing you to scale your resources to the requirements of your target workload.
viii. VIDIZMO Database Instance: In this field select the VIDZMO Database Instance type.
xi. KeyName: Select the available EC2 KeyPair. Amazon EC2 uses public-key cryptography to encrypt and decrypt login information. Public key cryptography uses a public key to encrypt a piece of data, and then the recipient uses the private key to decrypt the data. The public and private keys are known as a key pair. Public key cryptography enables you to securely access your instances using a private key instead of a password.
x. OS Account Password: In this filed, provide a password of the Operating System default user account.
xi. Database Account: In this field, provide a password of the default database user.
xii. Fill the Optional fields as describes and click next to continue.
Note: Provide your e-mail address in parameters, if you want to receive your VIDIZMO Application link and other useful getting started resources in your inbox for one time only.
Step 3: Configure Stack Options
8. In this step, provide Tags, Permissions, set Stack policy, etc. In this article, we have used the default settings. Therefore, we did not make changes in any field. You can learn more about Setting AWS CloudFormation Stack Options here, and can make changes as per your needs.
i. After viewing the default settings, click Next to continue.
Step 4: Review
9. Here you will review all the configuration that you made. You can also go back and update these configurations.
i. Once you have done with reviewing, click Next to end the deployment.
Using VIDIZMO Application
10. Once you have completed all of the above-mentioned steps. The VIDIZMO Application will start configuring at the backend, which normally takes 45 minutes to complete. You can start using the VIDIZMO application by any of the methods discussed below after the completion of all automated tasks.
Note: You can see all of the running automated tasks with their status in the resources tab of the VIDIZMO app stack.
1. From AWS Account
To start your VIDIZMO app.
i. Navigate to VIDIZMO Stack.
ii. Click on the Outputs tab
iii. APPDNS: is the link to your portal, copy it and paste it in the new tab to go to your portal.
iv. PortalAdmin: It is the login Id for your VIDZMO app, use it to log in to your portal
v. PortalPassword: It is the password associated with PortalAdmin Id, use it to log in to your porta.
2. From the E-mail
If you have entered your e-mail address in step 7, you will receive an e-mail having your VIDIZMO portal link, Admin Id and Password and a few helpdesk articles to getting started to your VIDIZMO app.