Uploaded media can be added or deleted from the featured list and they can also be reordered to change the sequence in which they are displayed. Users can set media as featured using:
- Homepage tab from Portal Settings
- Media Settings from Media Manager
Steps to Feature Media from Portal Settings
2. On Portal Settings page,
i. Click on the Home Page tab to further expand its options.
ii. Then click on the Featured Media tab.
iii. The Featured Media section lists videos that have been marked as such.
iv. Hovering the mouse over the video enables the controls to drag-n-drop a video to your preferred position. This enables users to customize the list on the Homepage as per their preference.
v. To add a new video to the list, use the search bar to locate your video. Selecting the video from the list of matching results adds it to the list.
3. Towards the bottom of the list are the Remove and Update buttons.
i. Use the Update button when you are done re-positioning the videos.
ii. The Remove button removes the videos from the list after selecting them using the checkboxes.
4. A brief notification will be displayed to notify the successful update.
5. Your Featured video gets displayed on the Homepage based on the videos positioned in Step #2 - iv above.
Steps to Feature Media from Media Settings
You can navigate to the Media's Settings in two ways:
i. When uploading a new video, in which case, click here to learn How to Upload Media.
ii. By selecting a video from the Media Manager.
In our example, we will be following the second method to reach the Media Settings.
1. From the Account/ Portal's Homepage, go to Admin >> Media Manager to open the Media Manager.
2. While on the Media Manager screen, select a video that you want to set as featured and then open its Media Settings by clicking on the Settings buttons under the Selected Video pane on the left-hand side.
3. The Media Manager allows you to define your media's settings.
i. Navigate to the Access tab from where you can set up its accessibility options.
ii. From the Acess tab, click on the Featured Videos checkbox under the How To Access It? to mark it as a featured video on the Homepage.
iii. Click on the Save and Close button to save your settings.
4. Your featured media gets displayed on the Account Homepage. Clicking on the media takes the user to the Portal's playback screen where the media can be played back. If the media is from another portal the user has access to, that Portal's playback screen will be displayed.
Roles and Permissions
- Managers and Administrators can feature a media on Homepage from Portal Settings.
- Contributors, Moderators, Managers and Administrators can feature a media on Homepage from the Access tab while uploading that media file.