In this article
Branding is used by organizations and businesses of all sizes and types to develop users' association and familiarity with their products and services. VIDIZMO’s branding helps in developing employee affiliation towards the customer organization. It also helps promote the company's core values and standardizes the application's user interface for all users. This, in turn, helps add value to providing a seamless user experience.
However, VIDIZMO takes it one step further by allowing enterprises to add their own styling to various aspects of the application's design. This can be done by updating custom CSS (cascading style sheets) in your portal which overrides the default interface settings of the application. To learn more about it, see: Understanding Customized Branding Settings in VIDIZMO.
Branding Options in VIDIZMO
Through branding, you get the ability to upload the portal's logo, set color of the header, set background color of your portal, upload a background image of the portal that suits your organization's brand identity, more on these options is covered in the following sections of the article. This helps familiarize users with the system and creates an environment they are accustomed to using.
Note: Manager+ roles are able to change the branding settings of the Portal. To learn more about user roles, see: Understanding User Roles.
VIDIZMO provides the following options for branding your portal, at the ease of a few clicks:
VIDIZMO’s navigation consists of a menu bar within the Portal where links to other pages on the platform are displayed. The navigation menu can be expanded from the Portal's homepage displaying either the label (text) or icon for a link. VIDIZMO enables the users to create, edit or delete any menu item as required. If the menu list runs out of space, a drop-down menu will automatically appear on the Portal's main navigation. These links (menu items) can be added from Portal Settings >> Branding >> Navigation Menu screen. Moreover, Portal users can restrict the display of menu items to authenticated users only.
To learn how to customize the Navigation menu, read more about it here: How to Customize Navigation Menu.
VIDIZMO users can prioritize and select domains for their Portal. This enable users to choose from the following options:
- Directory: By selecting the directory, you can create a folder on the primary domain. This option allows you to use a subdirectory or folder structure under the VIDIZMO's primary domain you are subscribed to. For example, your Portal address would be similar to http://enterprisetube.com/myorganization.
- Subdomain: A subdomain is a domain on VIDIZMO which is a part of a primary domain. You can add your preferred Portal website name to the subdomain. This option allows you to select a subdomain under the VIDIZMO's primary domain you are subscribed to. For example, the Portal website address would be similar to http://myorganization.enterprisetube.com.
- Custom Domain: You can map your website on VIDIZMO by selecting this option. This option allows you to use your primary domain or subdomain based on your preference, so your Portal website address would be similar to http://media.mydomain.com or http://www.mydomain.com.
VIDIZMO users are also given the functionality to create the domain either on HTTP or HTTPS as per their needs.
To change a portal URL, read more about it at How to Change Portal URL
VIDIZMO users can choose the language they wish to set for the Portal. The language only has to be set once, thereafter the platform will continue to display text in the selected language until the preference is changed again.
VIDIZMO offers multiple languages (Allow Multilingual) functionality on the platform. However, users can disable this feature and can either set English, Arabic, Spanish or can choose any from multiple others as the default language.
To learn about Changing Account Language, read more about it at How to Change Account Language
VIDIZMO colors section is divided into four sections i.e. Global, Background, Custom CSS and Home Page, each of which is explained below. This section allows users to set up Portal thumbnails, background image, banner image, and contextual colors, allowing you to create a customized portal that aligns with your corporate aesthetics.
The Global section allows you to upload thumbnails and set up the Portal header's color.
- Upload Thumbnail: Portal users can upload an image such as the corporate logo for the Portal. This image represents the Portal and is shown as a thumbnail on the All Portals screen. If you do not upload a Portal thumbnail, then VIDIZMO’s logo will appear as the default image. Portal's thumbnail images can be uploaded using the recommended dimensions of 100x56 pixels. You can only upload thumbnails in the .jpg, .jpeg, .png and .gif file formats.
- Site Header: This is the color selection tool for the Portal's header. You can use this to change the Portal's header in accordance with your corporate color scheme. Read more about upload thumbnail and site header at How to Change Portal Thumbnail and Site Header.
- Font: This check is for organizations which consist of policies that do not allow external font download. If you mark this check, it will have offline fonts enabled but may slightly affect branding. Read more about how to enable it here: How to use Local Offline Fonts.
- Category Branding: You can either have your categories branded or unbranded. If you want to brand your category, enable the check of category branding. Read more about category branding at How to Brand a Category.
Selecting the correct background for your Portal can help create a visually engaging experience for the users while at the same time portray your corporate theme and aesthetics. This section helps you create that experience with the help of two basic elements - background color and the background image. For background images, VIDIZMO supports .jpg, .jpeg, .png and .gif files only. The background image's dimensions should be of 100x56 pixels. Both the background color and the background image appear as the background on every screen of the Portal.
You can learn about changing the background of the portal at How to Change Portal background.
iii. Custom CSS
Branding does quite a lot more for a business than just making it look pretty. Branding helps in developing employee and customer coalescence and offers a distraction-free environment for its users. Users can customize UI elements like header, footer, navigation menu, buttons, icons, and tabs – all of which help you completely align the platform's user experience with your organization’s branding guide.
VIDIZMO takes it one step further by allowing enterprises to add their own styling to various aspects of the application's design.
This can be done by updating custom CSS (cascading style sheets) in your portal which overrides the default interface settings of the application. To learn more about it, see: Understanding Customized Branding Settings in VIDIZMO.
VIDIZMO gives you the flexibility to brand your homepage according to your company's aesthetics. Users can brand their Portal homepage by uploading a banner image which helps them in advertising their organization. Not only this, but users can also allow their categories to be shown on their homepage by a simple check.
To learn more about how to brand your homepage, see: How to change Branding Settings for your Homepage.
A customized header is an image that is chosen as the representative image/text that appears in the top header section of Media Library Page. A user can create a personalized header layout of the Account/ Portal. When a user selects the 'Show Header' checkbox, the header is updated on the Portal. However, by default, this feature remains unchecked.
You can learn about customizing the header at How to Customize A Header.
White labeling refers to a fully supported product or service that’s made by one company but used by another. VIDIZMO is a White label solution that can be purchased by enterprises without branding. This way, enterprises can customize the platform with their brand, logo, and identity, allowing customers to associate the product with the enterprise.
In VIDIZMO, a user can set the Portal's Favicon which is an icon associated with your website, typically displayed in the address bar.
You can learn about setting a favicon for the portal at How to Upload Portal Favicon.
VIDIZMO offers the flexibility to allow enterprises to customize the way certain terms appear on their Portals by using the Thesaurus feature. This feature simplifies the task of adding or replacing the terms appearing in the menu, headings or labels across the entire Portal from a single interface.
Some terms are already defined in the Portal by default, which cannot be removed and can only be edited. All users having appropriate permissions are allowed to add, edit or remove user-defined configurable terms from Thesaurus.
You can learn to add, modify or remove configurable terms in thesaurus here How to Add, Edit or Delete Configurable Terms using Thesaurus.
With VIDIZMO's enriched player options, customers are allowed to choose from a wide range of controls to optimize viewers' playback experience. Our player templates allow organizations to cherry-pick functions, define their own signature color theme and revolutionize their player for a tailor-made experience that caters to various departments within the company. These options are discussed later in the article.
To learn more them, see: Understanding Player Templates.
To learn more about Player Branding options, see: Understanding Customized Branding for Player.