In this article
Evidence Submission is the core functionality of Digital Evidence Management Systems. Digital documents, emails, CCTV footages, video recordings, voice recordings are examples of information that can be collected through electronic devices and can be used effectively as evidence in a case. This digitally stored information is sensitive and can be lost easily if not preserved well. Therefore, to save it and store it into the right repository (case) is mandatory. So, this set of evidence can be presented in any legislative hearing. VIDIZMO's Digital Evidence Management System caters to all these requirements through its robust Submit Evidence functionality where nearly all sorts of digital evidence can be submitted easily.
Before you start
- Only Contributor+ user can submit evidence within a portal.
- A Case must already be created for the evidence submission. Here you can read more about How to Create and Delete a Case.
Submitting an Evidence in a Case (From your storage)
1. From Home screen or My Cases section open the case, where the evidence submission is required, by clicking on the case.
(My case option is used in this article)
2. The case details page will be opened, where the user would be able to view uploaded evidence of the case – if any. In this screen;
i. Select Upload Evidence.
3. A new screen will be opened
i. Navigate to the folder, where evidence is stored, in your computer.
ii. Select the evidence to be uploaded.
iii. Click open.
Note: One can also select and submit evidence in bulk using ctrl + left click.
4. The upload progress of the evidence can be seen through the evidence upload tray. Once submitted successfully, the evidence would be seen in the case.
Note: The media rendering takes some time, therefore, the evidence thumbnail will be visible in a couple of minutes.Note: The media rendering takes some time, therefore, the evidence thumbnail will be visible in a couple of minutes.
5. Portal user is also capable of managing basic to advance evidence settings, while it is uploading, by clicking on the Add New Evidence as shown in the above picture. This will take you to the below screen.
The more information about adjusting these settings is discussed in the article: How to Upload Media. Users with on-premise deployment have more media controls, click here for Understanding Media Settings
Submitting an Evidence in a Case (Already uploaded to the portal)
1. To quickly submit an Evidence, already part of your portal, to the selected case follow the steps below.
i. From the case details page, select + Add Evidence.
ii. A new screen will be opened, write the name of the required evidence in the search bar.
iii. Click on the Add button, and the Evidence will be added to the case with its pre-defined settings and metadata.
Evidence Bulk Upload
1. In case of bulk upload of evidence, one can modify the case folder, tags and description of evidence in bulk. For Bulk Edit settings of the submitted evidence;
i. Select Bulk Edit.
ii. Select the folder (Case), where you want to submit the evidence in bulk.
iii. From the predefined tags, select the relevant tags.
iv, Provide a suitable description to the evidence.
v. Click on Save and Close to save and close the screen