In this article
For years, Police departments were manually handling, documenting, and transferring digital evidence to the relevant officers. Hence, maintaining and securing the digital evidence from any sort of tampering, became a major concern for the Police officers. After the innovation of Digital Evidence management systems, Law Enforcement Agencies are provided with a platform where they can store and manage their digital evidence in a secure manner which ensures digital evidence integrity, enhance transparency and accountability. VIDIZMO further provides the easiness of creating folders under which the cases are stored, organized and are easily accessible.
Before you start
- Make sure you log into your portal with the Contributor+ role in order to Add, Edit or Delete Folder. For more details on user roles, see this article: Understanding User Roles.
Go to Folders
1. From the Portal's Homepage:
i. Click on the menu icon on the top left-hand corner of the screen to bring up the left navigation pane.
ii. Click on the down arrow to expand the Admin section.
iii Click on Portal Settings navigation panel.
2. From the Portal Settings on the left pane:
i. Click on the Library tab to expand its options.
ii. Then click on the Folder from the Library tab.
iii. Now from here, you can Add, Edit, Delete or Re-order the folders and sub-folders.
Note: By Default, The folder name "General" was already there. You can only Add and Edit this folder but cannot Delete it.
1. You can add folders by clicking on "Add Folder",
i. Fill the Name and Description of the folder.
ii. Click on the "Add" button to add this folder.
2. You can also add child folders in the parent folder.
3. You can also add child folders within the child folder.
1. You can edit parent and child folders using the Edit button.
i. This button will open a side-form where you will be asked to update the Name or Description of the folder.
ii. Click on Update.
2. You can also change the order of parent and child folders by simple drag and drop.
1. You can delete the parent and child folders by clicking on the delete icon, as shown below. But you cannot delete the default folder "General".
2. When you click on the Delete button, it will ask you to confirm the deletion of the folder. After clicking on the Delete button, that folder will be deleted permanently.