In this article
Evidence is the activity of monitoring digital evidence submitted within a case. Before publishing the evidence, uploaded by the Contributors, several aspects are considered, the absence of which could conflict with the formal recognition of digital forensics. The shortage of verification could adversely affect the overall acceptance of digital evidence as being legally sound and reliable scientific evidence. To ensure the admissibility of evidence, VIDIZMO’s Digital Evidence Management provides the Evidence Review functionality which can be enabled/disabled as per the requirements of the police department.
Please read the article Understanding Moderation Workflow, to know more about the Digital Evidence Management’s content moderation policy.
Before you start
- Only Moderator+ users can review pending approval evidence.
- Review Tab will be available after enabling Content Moderation. Click here to read more about How to Configure Portal’s Content Moderation.
Approve or Reject an Evidence
1. To approve or reject an evidence, login to the portal;
i. Navigate to the Review tab and click it to see the pending approval evidence.
ii. Select the evidence that needs to be approved or rejected.
iii. Click on the Approve or Reject button as per your decision.
The approved evidence will be visible in the relevant case after getting the required number of approvals.
Approve or Reject an Evidence in Bulk
2. Evidence can also be approved or rejected in bulk, from the Review tab, by;
i. Selecting the evidence in bulk which are needed to be approved or rejected.
ii. Click on the approve or reject the button.
View Pending Approval Evidence's details
3. Details of the evidence, pending approval, can be seen by;
i. Clicking on the evidence name.
ii. A new screen will be opened, where the author's name, evidence type, folder, and update timestamp can be seen.