TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before you start
- Mark Category as Featured
- Order Featured Categories
- Unmark Category as Featured
- Read Next
VIDIZMO users can showcase their most popular or most significant Categories on the homepage of portal as featured. Setting Category as featured allows users to give prominence and quick access to their content. This is also a way of promoting new type of content to Portal users .
Users can set category as featured using Homepage tab from Portal Settings. Read further to learn how it's done.
Before you start
- Only Manager+ users can mark a Category as featured.
- Drafted Categories can not be marked as featured.
Mark Category as Featured
1. From the Portal's Homepage:
i. Click on the navigation menu on top left corner.
ii. Expand Admin tab.
iii. Click on the Settings tab and you'll be directed to Portal Settings page.
2. On Portal Settings page,
i. Click on the Home Page tab to further expand its options.
ii. Then click on the Featured Category tab.
iii. The Featured Categories section lists Categories that have been marked as featured.
iv. To add a new Category to the list, use the search bar to locate it. Selecting the Category from the list of matching results adds it to the list.
Order Featured Categories
3. To determine the order in which your featured categories are enlisted on Homepage:
i. Hovering the mouse over the video enables the controls to drag-and-drop a category to your preferred position. This enables users to control the order of the Categories on the Homepage as per their preference.
ii. Click on Update button at the bottom once done reordering.
Unmark Category as Featured
4. To unmark a previously featured category as featured:
i. Select Categories you wish to remove from Featured Categories list.
ii. Click on Remove button at the bottom of the screen.
5. A brief notification will be displayed to notify the successful update.
6. Your Featured Categories get displayed on the Homepage based on the order set in Step3 above.