TABLE OF CONTENTS
Microsoft Teams is an online collaboration tool which makes it easier for organizations to collaborate and share data among people within the organization. Its video conferencing capabilities also enables the organizations to host conferences and record them too.
Where Microsoft Teams does wonders in bringing forth solutions by catering the business pains faced by the organization by allowing them to collaborate and share data in real-time, VIDIZMO empowers such collaboration solutions with its out-of-the-box content hosting, storage, and management capabilities to make the valuable discussions and ideas live forever.
Here is a guide to integrating MS Teams with VIDIZMO:
Before you start
- Make sure to log in to your VIDIZMO Portal as an Administrator or Manager role to configure MS Teams App.
- Make sure you have MS Teams logged in with the Azure AD email address.
- In order to integrate MS Teams with VIDIZMO, a client ID, client Secret, and Tenant ID will be required to authenticate the MS Teams App
AZURE AD Configuration
1. The Azure AD administrator will create a VIDIZMO app in the Azure AD. Make sure that the app is created in the organization's main directory from where all of the users are going to use MS Teams.
i. The app must have the following permissions
2. The credentials of the created app will be used on VIDIZMO portal for integration
To learn more about creating apps in Azure AD, refer to Create an Azure AD app and service principal in the portal - Microsoft identity platform | Microsoft Docs
Here are a few easy steps of integration using your VIDIZMO Portal.
Go to Apps Section
1. From the Portal's Homepage
i. Click on the navigation menu on top left corner.
ii. Expand Admin tab.
iii. Click on the Settings tab and you'll be directed to Portal Settings page.
2. On Portal Settings page:
- Click on the Apps to expand the list of application services that you can integrate with.
- Select Collaboration Tools where you can set up MS Teams.
- Click on the settings icon against MS Teams to connect its app in VIDIZMO and enable its services in your portal.
Configure MS Teams App
- On the MS Teams App settings screen:
- Enter the Client ID.
- Enter the Client Secret.
- Enter the Tenant ID.
- Select Publish As either Teams user or Me. Teams user means that when the content is ingested into the portal from Teams then the Team's user name will be taken as the author name against the ingested content. If "Me" is chosen, then the ingested content's author name will be the same as the name of the user in the VIDIZMO portal who has initiated the fetching process.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
2. After configuring MS Teams App settings, go back to the Collaboration tools screen and toggle the button against settings icon to activate the MS Teams App in your portal.
3. After enabling the app, you can now see some additional information that helps you infer the workings of the app:
- Sync Process: This will display values such as Running, Finished to indicate the status of the sync. In case of a failure, it will also show an error.
- Last Synced Attempt: This will return the latest instance in a local date-time format at which our processor fetched content from MS Teams cloud storage. This helps you keep informed on the sync status of your files in the VIDIZMO Portal.