SCORM (Shareable Content Object Reference Model) allows communication between eLearning content and Learning Management Systems (LMS). It is a globally renowned standard for ingestion and management of eLearning content which allows packages to be delivered in accordance with guidelines that all eLearning systems must adhere to. This ensures compatibility with any SCORM-compliant LMS.
Learn more about the feature here: Understanding SCORM.
Before you start
- Make sure you log in using Moderator+ role to be able to uplaod/import a SCORM course in your portal.
1. Click on the red Add New Media (+) icon towards the bottom right-hand corner.
2. You will be redirected to a new page, where you can Click on Upload Media to upload your files.
Note: The text for the Upload Media button can be different due to VIDIZMO allowing high branding functionality, allowing Manager+ roles to customize such aspects of the portal you are trying to upload media to. Click Understanding Branding Settings to learn more.
3. After clicking on the Upload Media button you will be redirected to a new screen, where you can drag and drop videos in the highlighted box or click on the link "Click here to Upload"
4. Select your media that you want to upload and click on the Open button.
5. During a file upload, there may be instances when the browser fails to respond and has to be refreshed, or the internet connection is terribly slow and drops and reconnects frequently. In such a scenario, the system will resume upload from the point where the upload was disrupted rather than starting all over again.
6. After you have selected your file to upload, you will be redirected to a new page where you can setup your video for publishing.
Learn more about the various media settings configurable for your SCORM content here: Understanding Media Settings.
Please note that a few of the settings which are applicable on other media files are not applicable on SCORM content such as settings for Display All Insights, Timed Data, 360 degree view, etc.