TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before you start
- Configure Billing Alerts
- Delete Billing Alerts
- Subscribe/Unsubscribe Billing Alerts
- Read Next
VIDIZMO grants user an extensive monitoring mechanism for the resources being consumed in their Account by providing the ability to set Billing Alerts. Organizations can create multiple thresholds by setting certain percentages of the allowed package limits for which the consumption is being incurred. This caters to the needs of organizations in preventing overages and additional cost peaks at the end of their Billing Period by receiving email notifications whenever a threshold set for a particular resource is exceeded.
Before you start
- Make sure you log into your application as an Administrator to configure Billing thresholds.
- By default, all Administrators of the Account will receive alert for the thresholds configured in that Account. If any Administrator wishes to unsubscribe to the billing alerts, read below.
Configure Billing Alerts
1. From the Portal's Homepage:
i. Click on the Navigation Menu on the top left corner of your screen.
ii. Expand Admin tab.
iii. Click on Portal Settings.
2. From Portal Settings navigation:
- Click the Account tab to expand it.
- Select Billing Alerts.
- Then, click on Add Alerts to set thresholds for billing alerts.
3. Click on Billing Category drop down to expand it.
- Select any Billing Category you want to set an Alert on.
4. Click on Billing Resource drop down to expand it.
- Select any Billing Resource you want to set an Alert on.
5. Enter the percentage of Allowed Limit you want to set an alert on the selected Billing Category and Resource.
Note: The range of percentage that can be set for any resource alert is 0.01% - 65000%.
6. To add thresholds:
- Click on Save to add the threshold. You can keep saving multiple thresholds.
- Once you are done adding all thresholds required, select Save and Close to close the modal.
7. Click on the Update button at the end of the screen to save the changes.
Delete Billing Alerts
1. Follow steps 1 and 2 from above.
2. Click on the delete icon on the right of the threshold you want to delete.
3. On the confirmation prompt,
- Select Delete to confirm the deletion of threshold.
4. Click on the Update button to save your changes.
Subscribe/Unsubscribe Billing Alerts
1. Expand the menu on the top right corner where your name is displayed:
- In the My Profile tab, select Notification Settings
2. In the Notification Settings:
- Navigate to the Portal tab
3. In the Portal section:
- Enable/Disable the Billing Threshold Reached event as required.
- Click on Update to save the changes.
Note: Subscribing to the Billing Threshold Reached event enables an Administrator to subscribe to alerts for the thresholds set in an Account. Any Administrator, who does not wish to receive billing alerts email can disable it.