In this article
Zoom is an online meetings solution making it easier for corporations to collaborate internally for sharing ideas, devising project goals and objectives, and making key business decisions coinciding all company stakeholders. Its video conferencing capabilities also allow it to be used for hosting webinars for external audiences, too.
Where Zoom does wonders in resolving the business pain of allowing teams to collaborate in real-time, VIDIZMO empowers such meeting solutions with its out-of-the-box content hosting, storage, and management capabilities to make the valuable discussions and ideas live forever.
Coupled with VIDIZMO's advanced processing and secure sharing features, Zoom online meetings can be made easily accessible, searchable and shareable from anywhere, anytime.
Here is a guide to integrating Zoom with VIDIZMO.
Before you start
- Make sure to log in to your VIDIZMO Portal as an Administrator or Manager role to configure Zoom App.
- Make sure you have administrative rights in your Zoom account or the account whose credentials you will use to authorize VIDIZMO.
- Make sure you have a Zoom client, using which you have recorded an online meeting.
VIDIZMO Portal Configuration
Here are a few easy steps of integration using your VIDIZMO Portal.
Go to Apps Section
iii. Click on the Settings tab and you'll be directed to Portal Settings page.
2. On Portal Settings page:
i. Click on the Apps to expand the list of application services that you can integrate with.
ii. Select Video Conferencing where you can set up Zoom.
iii. Click on the settings icon against Zoom to connect its app in VIDIZMO and enable its services in your portal.
Configure Zoom App
1. On the Zoom App settings screen:
i. Here, you need to enter the Email Addresses of the users against whose accounts you wish to fetch Zoom's Cloud meeting recordings directly to VIDIZMO Portal.
Note: If you leave this section blank, we will sync and process recordings from all Zoom users part of the Zoom Account into the VIDIZMO Portal. This means that below settings such as concatenation or deletion of recordings will apply to all cloud recordings within that Zoom Account. Alternatively, if you enter an email address of a user that does not exist in Zoom Account or an invalid API Key or Secret, then no recordings will be fetched.
ii. Enabling this check for Concatenate Recordings will stitch recordings of a single meeting (ID) together.
iii. Enabling the check for Delete Conference Recordings would help you automate the deletion of meeting recordings from your Zoom Cloud Storage after successful upload to VIDIZMO Portal. This helps in ensuring you are not incurring unwarranted storage costs.
Note: Be careful while enabling the check for deletion, since as a result all cloud recordings against the selected users will be permanently deleted with no chance of restoration in Zoom Account. However, they can be downloaded thenceforth from your VIDIZMO Portal.
iv. Select Preserve Password check to preserve your Zoom password settings for every recorded meeting.
v. This option allows you to select which user do you wish to Publish recordings As. Select Me if you wish to publish all Zoom recordings against your author name in the portal, otherwise select Zoom user to publish it against its host.
vi. Additionally, you may set Default Publish Settings for the video content you will be uploading to the portal i.e. choose if you wish to directly publish the recorded meetings on the portal to be accessible for viewing (subject to your portal's security policies), or do you wish to upload them to drafts form where henceforth, you can go onto configure its media settings and publish at your own will.
Note: The status of your media depends on the default publish settings of the portal. For example, if Content Moderation is on, then every Zoom recording's status set to be "Published" will have to be first approved by the Moderator before it gets published on the Portal. The same applies to a draft when it is published. Learn more about it here.
vii. Click on Save Changes to proceed with the settings.
1. After clicking on Save Changes, you will be redirected to Zoom where you will be asked to enter your credentials. These user credentials should have administrative rights in your Zoom account, so that we can use them to authorize app to communicate with Zoom.
i. Enter your username and password to sign in.
ii. When configuring the app for the first time, it will also request you to authorize the app to access and manage certain aspects of your meetings and recordings. This is to enable the app to query and fetch your Zoom recorded meetings to VIDIZMO Portal. Click on Authorize to proceed further.
2. After granting permission, you will be routed back to the Portal's Apps Integration page. From Video Conferencing Apps screen, toggle the button besides settings icon to activate the Zoom App in your portal.
3. After enabling the app, you can now see some additional information that helps you infer the workings of the app:
- Sync Status: This will display values such as Running, Finished to indicate the status of the sync workflow running behind. In case of a failure, it will also show an error log for debugging purposes.
- Last Synced At: This will return the latest instance in a local date-time format at which the our processor fetched videos from Zoom Cloud. This helps you keep informed on the sync status of your files in VIDIZMO Portal.
- Authorization Status: Here you will see an indication of whether or not your app has been successfully authorized by Zoom, this entails that recorded meetings in your Zoom Cloud can now be fetched, processed and stored in VIDIZMO Portal.
Are you facing some problems in syncing your meetings from Zoom? Learn how to troubleshoot here: Troubleshooting Zoom Integration Issues.
- After reading Understanding VIDIZMO-Zoom integration to learn more about how the two applications shall communicate and execute,
- Go through our blog to understand more about the wonders of integrating Zoom with VIDIZMO,
- More about installing the app from Zoom Marketplace: Install VIDIZMO from Zoom App Marketplace.