Why do you need to Setup Email?
For Enterprise Video Content Management System, organizations thrive for a streamlined process of centralized communication with the wide base of their users. To enable this, organizations require an effective way of receiving alerts, prompts, notifications and other updates regarding the application's use, as timely as possible. This is elemental in creating a responsive environment for everyone.
About Email Templates in VIDIZMO
Email Templates define a standardized body of text to be sent to users to prompt them for various activities and their respective status in VIDIZMO.
They can be accessed from Control Panel > Email & SMTP > Email Templates.
VIDIZMO offers some default Templates such as
- User Account Request Approved (E-044) where a standard email is sent to the user when Admin approves a pending join request by a user.
- Portal creation email to Administrators (E-088) where a notification email is sent when a new Portal is created by an authoritative user.
- Duplicate Login Emails (E-057) where a notification email is sent when a user tries to register with an email which already exists in the Portal.
and many more.
The IDs associated with every email is used as a unique identifier.
Users have the ability to view and browse through the Email Templates, Modified Date and Status which help them stay updated with the changes being made.
Additionally, VIDIZMO offers its customers the convenience to reconfigure Email Templates as per organizational standards.The configurable attributes are shown below.
- Email Templates: The name of the Email Template
- Subject: Subject of the Email to be sent to the user
- Description: The event/activity regarding which the Email has been generated
- Body: VIDIZMO provides advanced editing facility by enabling the user to edit the body of the email using a sophisticated Text Editor, also displaying the look of the Email while they modify it. Commonly used terms/parameters that an organization may want to use have also been enlisted for smooth navigation and template creation.
Note: VIDIZMO also allows you to configure default Email date and date-time formats. To learn more about how to do it, see: How to Update Date and Time Settings using Application Configuration Keys in VIDIZMO
SMTP in VIDIZMO
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol referred to as SMTP is a standard for electronic mail transmission. For Emails to be sent to destined users, setting up SMTP Server is vital.
VIDIZMO sets up a default SMTP server when it is installed. However, VIDIZMO offers the flexibility of configuring your own SMTP Server in VIDIZMO.
SMTP Settings can be configured from Email & SMTP in Control Panel Settings.
In order to setup your own SMTP Server on VIDIZMO the following parameters to be configured are shown below:
Roles and Permissions
- Administrators and Managers can reconfigure default Email Templates as well as view and monitor changes
- Administrators and Managers can choose to use default VIDIZMO SMTP settings, or setup their own SMTP Server