TABLE OF CONTENTS
Setup Wizard allows you to initially set up your Portal's Storage Provider and Transcoder for a seamless user experience throughout the application usage. It takes you through a series of easily configurable steps to help set up the system.
- To learn more about Setup Wizard, read Understanding Setup Wizard.
- To learn more about Storage Providers in VIDIZMO, read Understanding Storage Providers.
- To learn more about Transcoding Providers in VIDIZMO, see: Understanding Encoding in VIDIZMO
For the sake of demonstration, we will set up Azure Media Services Storage Provider with AMS Standard Encoder through the Setup Wizard.
Before you start
- Administrators and Managers are allowed to configure Storage and Transcoding Providers using Setup Wizard in a Portal.
In order to configure storage and transcoding provider for your Portal follow the steps below.
1. From the Portal's Homepage:
i. Click on the navigation menu on the top left of your screen.
ii. Expand the Admin tab.
iii Click on Control Panel.
2. From the Manage Portal navigation pane in Control Panel:
i. Select Setup Wizard.
ii. Click on Run Wizard Again.
Note: VIDIZMO provides a set of default configurations for your Storage and Transcoding Provider which can be overridden via Setup Wizard due to evolving business requirements. Furthermore, apart from the possible configurations, VIDIZMO also offers the flexibility of choosing any other Storage Providers or Transcoders that the organization may want to configure their application with.
3. From the Configuration tab:
i. Select the AMS to configure it as your VIDIZMO Storage for your system, from a list of available options in the drop-down.
ii. Select AMS Standard Encoder to configure it as your Encoder for your system, from a list of available options in the drop-down.
iii. Click Next to proceed to the next tab.
4. From the Storage tab:
i. Select Global as Subscription Type
ii. Copy the ID of your account on Azure as Login ID
iii. Enter the Password of your account on Azure
iv. Enter the ID of your subscription package in Azure as Subscription ID
v. Enter the name of your storage account in Azure as Storage Name. This name must be globally unique.
vi. Enter the name of the resource group where you will organize your storage and AMS together as Resource Group Name. This name must be globally unique.
vii. Select the physical location for your Azure servers from a list of available options in the drop-down as Location.
viii. Select Standard_GRS as your Replication. Having Geo-Redundant Storage enabled, your data is durable even in the case of a complete regional outage or a disaster in which the primary region isn't recoverable.
ix. Select the Standard_Verizon as your CDN SKU Profile configured on your Azure CDN Account with various privileges associated with each account.
x. Enter the name of Media Service to be configured on your Azure Account as Media Service Name. The name has to be globally unique.
xi. Enter the number of Encoding Units which sets the number of concurrent jobs you wish to run.
xii. Select Standard S2 as Encoding Unit Type which corresponds to certain configuration settings in AMS for encoding.
xiii. Click Next to proceed to the next tab.
5. From the Transcoder tab:
i. Enter the Description of the Transcoder.
ii. Enter Scale Units to add more units to scale your deployment.
iii. Check Enable CDN to enable Azure Content Delivery Network.
iv. Enter Cache in Sec that defines the number of seconds for caching content on edge nodes. To learn more about edge nodes, read: Understanding VIDIZMO ECDN
v. From the drop-down menu, select the Media Service API Version. These APIs are used by VIDIZMO to communicate with Azure Media Services to create, manage, and maintain media workflows. To learn more about Media Service API and the difference between two versions, read Media Services v2 vs. v3.
vi. Uncheck Migrate Content. It is used to migrate data from one Storage Provider to another.
vii. Enable DRM. This option enables Digital Rights Management systems such as Microsoft PlayReady, Google Widevine or Apple FairPlay etc on uploaded media. To learn more about how to enable DRM, see: How to Enable DRM in Portal.
Note: DRM can only be configured with Azure Media Service API Version V2.
viii. Click Done to run the setup Wizard based on the settings configured.
A notification will appear briefly stating: Setup Wizard Started Successfully.
Note: You can track the progress of the Setup Wizard with respect to Storage and Transcoder configuration via Workflows. To learn more about it, see: How to View Workflows.
- How to View and Edit Azure Media Services (AMS) Storage Provider
- How to View and Edit Azure Media Services (AMS) Encoder
- How to Configure Azure Storage with VIDIZMO On Premise Encoder in VIDIZMO
- How to Configure Azure Storage with VIDIZMO Cloud Encoder in VIDIZMO
- How to Configure VIDIZMO Storage with VIDIZMO On Premise Encoder
- How to Configure VIDIZMO Storage with VIDIZMO Cloud Encoder
- How to Configure Wowza Storage with VIDIZMO On Premise Encoder
- How to configure Amazon Storage and MediaConvert in VIDIZMO
- How to View and Edit AWS Storage Provider
- How to View and Edit Configured AWS Elemental MediaConvert Encoder