Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
VIDIZMO’s flexible and open architecture allows you to easily integrate and leverage your existing IT investments, allowing you to build on VIDIZMO platform in the technology of your choice, host your application and content where you prefer, ingest content from different sources, and publish it where your audience exists.
1) Single Sign-On Integration: VIDIZMO provides secure single sign-on integration with any identity provider, including SAML-P, ADFS, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Okta, OneLogin, and more, to achieve user synchronization via an authentication process using SSO. The user can also be authorized to share content on social media sites and can be authenticated from third-party sources such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Office 365, etc. Learn more about Understand Single Sign-On in VIDIZMO.
2) HTML Embed Code Integration: VIDIZMO allows its users to embed digital media files using two types of HTML embed codes, namely iframe and object code. With iframe, developers enjoy the flexibility to alter the embed code dynamically by adjusting to the viewer’s software configuration and settings; object codes, on the other hand, are static and handle HTML5 playback using the browser’s default media player, allowing users the flexibility to select the rendition they wish to embed.
3) VIDIZMO HTML Widgets: VIDIZMO Widgets are an easy solution to showcase and playback your media in any website or content management system (CMS) via simple HTML embed codes. Customers can authenticate viewers, customize look and feel via CSS, and build your own experiences, quickly and easily without any hardcore programming knowledge.
4) VIDIZMO API: With VIDIZMO API, you can completely customize, extend and integrate VIDIZMO with your applications while also building your own custom portal, media applications, or workflows without worrying about the complexities of storage, encoding, distribution, streaming, scalability, etc. VIDIZMO API
5) SharePoint & other Content Management Systems (CMS): VIDIZMO provides out-of-the-box and seamless integration with Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010/2013. Viewers securely access Portal content via SSO in a familiar SharePoint interface. Other content management systems like Site Core, JIVE, WordPress, and Drupal etc. are also supported via VIDIZMO Widgets.
6) Learning Management Systems (LMS): VIDIZMO works with all major Learning Management Systems like Moodle, Blackboard, Desire2Learn, etc. Users also have the ability to export interactive rich media presentations as a SCORM object, launch it via existing LMS, track score, and view progress in LMS.
7) Customer Relationship Management (CRM): With out-of-the-box support for MS Dynamics CRM, you can manage users, create campaigns/courses, view tracking reports, create custom workflows for automatically assigning and sharing videos with your contacts, customers, etc., all via your CRM.
8) Online Meeting Tools Integration (Lync, GoToMeeting, WebEx): VIDIZMO publisher tool automatically detects and publishes recordings on your PC or Mac from tools like Zoom, BlueJeans, MS Teams, Citrix GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar, Cisco WebEx, etc.
9) Encoding & Capture: VIDIZMO allows customers to use encoding tools of their choice -- whether it’s a desktop software-based encoder like Telestream WireCast or a hardware-based encoder like Tricaster, Digital Rapids, Winnov Cbox, etc., giving customer complete freedom and control over the encoding process. Learn more to Understand Encoding Providers in VIDIZMO.
10) Cloud & CDN: Use VIDIZMO’s shared cloud or bring your own private cloud to host application, content, or both. VIDIZMO supports Microsoft Azure, Cisco WAAS, P2P, and other 3rd party CDNs for delivering content to a geographically dispersed audiences.
Watch Video: Integration with Existing Applications
VIDIZMO allows you to make your portal publicly accessible, this serves a brilliant use-case when you wish to make various tutorials, sessions or interactive videos available for everyone. Here is how you can do it: How to Setup Portal for Anonymous Public Access.
After integrating your VIDIZMO portal within SharePoint site and enabling anonymous access rights to your SharePoint site, there is one further step required to make your VIDIZMO portal within SharePoint anonymously accessible.
In order to give anonymous access of your SharePoint portal, you will have to run the following Powershell script for your SharePoint portal. This is because SharePoint, by default, does not allow anonymous users to query list items. Hence, you need to give "Get" permission on SharePoint List items so that anonymous users can browse VIDIZMO application within SharePoint site.
Before you proceed, read more about permission levels here.
Here is the Powershell script that you need to run on the site to give anonymous access:
$web = Get-SPWebApplication -Identity http://your web address $web.ClientCallableSettings.AnonymousRestrictedTypes.Remove( [Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList],"GetItems") $web.Update()
Now, in case you ever wish to revoke access rights for anonymous users to VIDIZMO site, here is the reciprocal Powershell script that you will be required to run on your site:
$web = Get-SPWebApplication -Identity http://your web address $web.ClientCallableSettings.AnonymousRestrictedTypes.Add( [Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList],"GetItems") $web.Update()
Read next about SharePoint integration here: How to install and configure VIDIZMO app for SharePoint.
Yes, VIDIZMO allows you to expand your audience and enable social sharing features for any video in a public Portal by letting users embed the video on their website or simply share on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Yammer, Google+ or even via Email, etc.
VIDIZMO provides integration with SharePoint 2013 onwards in all installation models such as on-premises, cloud, dedicated cloud, and shared cloud. VIDIZMO for SharePoint is designed to automatically synchronize published media in your Portal with a designated SharePoint site. In the case of an internal SharePoint server farm, viewers can be implicitly authenticated via Single Sign-On and allowed media access in a familiar SharePoint environment.
Yes, VIDIZMO allows seamless integration with Yammer for enterprise social sharing.
Yes, VIDIZMO solution can integrate with any identity provider that supports SAML-P/2.0/1.0, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, ADFS, Microsoft Azure Active Directory or 3rd party SSO solution providers such as Okta, OneLogin, Ping and more, allowing access to users using their existing corporate login credentials via SSO (Single Sign On).
Read More: Understanding Single Sign-On
Yes, we support all major CDN provider networks, including Microsoft Azure, Akamai, EdgeCast etc. All VoD content uploaded for viewing is stored on origin server, cached on egde servers within end user's proximity so that it can be pulled and delivered to them without any buffering issues. Similarly, live streaming media can be pushed or pulled from global CDN providers via VIDIZMO.
Is VIDIZMO's encoder agnostic or does it have any special requirements around integration with various encoding solutions?
VIDIZMO is encoder agonistic and can be configured to use any standards based software or hardware encoder.
VIDIZMO Widgets can be easily added to your website or content management systems like SiteCore, WordPress, Drupal etc., allowing publishing and access of media via these systems. Moreover, the user interface of these widgets can be customized to match your site’s branding.
Yes, VIDIZMO API is available for integration with other solutions. Professional services are also available to build custom solutions that integrate with your applications.
Yes, VIDIZMO is scriptable and pluggable through HTML widgets without any programming (only requiring basic HTML knowledge).
Can VIDIZMO platform be integrated with organization's Internal or existing applications for content access/viewing?
"The most common integration with the intranet and CMS is through VIDIZMO HTML Widgets and does not have any associated cost. Generally, an IT admin with appropriate rights is able to configure those HTML widgets in an hour or less.
VIDIZMO provides integration with any CMS, LMS, CRM, HRM, ERP, or any other system through HTML Widgets, API (i.e. JSON), LTI, and using integration platforms such as zapier.com, Microsoft Flow (https://flow.microsoft.com/). These integrations generally require onetime configuration, customization by customer's IT, or tech-savvy business professionals. Advanced integration will require professional services, the costs for advanced integrations can only be estimated after understanding the customer's use case during the gap analysis phase. VIDIZMO provides open API for customers' IT team to make integrations with their existing systems, or new systems which acquire over time" Learn more about Common Integration options with VIDIZMO.
VIDIZMO API can be accessed at the following URL: http://api.vidizmo.com/api/v1/doc/index.html
Does VIDIZMO platform have the ability to integrate with external open content websites (e.g. TED talks, YouTube)?
VIDIZMO can provide integration with external open-content websites. However, content license restrictions apply (YouTube, TED talk, etc.). VIDIZMO provides an open API for customers' IT teams to make integration with any platform. VIDIZMO offers professional services as well to provide custom integrations as per customer requirements.