TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before you start
- Manage Category
- Read Next
VIDIZMO provides the user to define a category or subcategory on the Portal-level for the media being published. This classifies, organizes and segregates the media content and facilitates the user in the search and sort of the relevant media. A user is allowed to create, modify or delete a category or its sub-category. They can either be defined individually or in a hierarchy.
You can also brand a category using Advanced Settings check which is not the scope of this document. Learn more about branding here: How to Brand a Category.
Before you start
- Make sure, you are logged in with Manager+ credentials to be able to add, edit, delete or relocate a Category. To learn more about user roles, see Understanding User Roles.
From Portal's Homepage,
i. Click on the menu icon on the top left-hand corner of the screen to bring up the left navigation pane.
ii. Then click on the down arrow to expand the Admin section.
iii Select the Portal Settings from the Admin section.
1. From the Portal Settings page:
i. Click on the Library tab to expand its options.
ii. Select Categories under the Library tab.
iii. Click on the gear icon against Categories to configure certain settings which are applicable throughout.
2. From Category Settings modal:
i. Allow Category Branding enables certain advanced options that allow you to set your Category's header, background, logo and custom styling.
ii. Show Content Count on Categories determines whether or not to filter Category count based on the content being fetched in faceted search results.
1. From Categories page:
i. Click on the Add Category button in your Categories box.
ii. In the Add Category section on the right-hand side, enter the name of your Category.
iii. Next, enter the Description for your Category. Your description is a detailed account of the certain or salient aspects, characteristics, or features of a subject matter.
iv. Click on the Add Button to add a new category.
Note: You can also change the name of Categorylevel1 from Branding >> Thesaurus.
2. A notification will be displayed stating: The category has been added successfully.
3. You can also add a subcategory to any category. To do so:
i. Click on Add New Category (+) icon against your desired category. You can decide where is it that you want to create one, either at the root level, or as a child of an existing parent category, etc.
ii. Add Category name editor will open where you can enter the child category name.
iii. Enter Description to your section, the description is a detailed account of the certain or salient aspects, characteristics, or features of your child category.
iv. Click on the Add Button to add the subcategory.
4. A notification will be displayed stating: The Category has been added successfully.
5. While uploading media, the categories/subcategories will be displayed under the Basic Settings tab >> Category drop-down. To learn more about uploading media, click here on How To Upload Media.
6. You can filter media according to categories in Media Manager. To learn more, see: Understanding Media Library.
1. To edit a category, land on the library page following the initial step,
i. Hover over the category name you want to edit.
ii. The edit button will be shown be as highlighted in the below image.
iii. Click on it, a form will open on the side of the categories window. It will ask you to change either the Name or the Description of the Category.
iv. Click on Update to save your changes.
1. In order to hide a category from listing on Homepage as well as Media Library, from the same page as above:
i. Enable the check for Hide Category.
ii. Click Update to save settings.
1. To delete a category, land on the library page following the initial step,
i. Hover over the category name you want to delete.
ii. Click on the delete button, a window pops up that will ask you to confirm the deletion of the selected category.
iii. Click on Delete to delete the category.
2. The selected category gets deleted.
To relocate a category, land on the library page following the initial step. Drag the category you want to relocate and drop it where you want it to be located in the Categories section. When you move a category under an existing category, you are essentially creating a sub-category of the main parent category. This n-level defined hierarchy helps you stay abreast with need of multiple levels of content segregation within the portal.
The order of the categories being defined here is reflected on Media Library page under Categories panel on the left hand-side.