An attribute is a property or characteristic. VIDIZMO by default has certain attributes that are associated with media on the platform. However, users can also customize attributes to improve search visibility and metadata.
For instance, in large organizations, there are multiple departments that store content in bulk. At times, this content needs to be segregated and categorized by assigning an attribute to it. This helps in easy retrieval, indexing, and searches.
Custom attributes can be marked as mandatory for all on the content available in media management or can be specified to audio, documents, images, presentation, quiz, surveys, and videos.
Here is how you can add, edit, and delete a custom attribute:
Steps to Add Custom Attributes
1. At Account/Channel homepage, go to Admin >> Settings.
2. At the Settings page, click on the Custom Attribute tab.
3. Click on Add a New Attribute (+) to add a custom attribute.
4. A popup window of Add Attribute will appear:
i. Enter the Label*. This is the caption of your required attribute.
Note: The asterisk (*) indicates that it is a mandatory field.
ii. Select Type from the drop-down list. Your custom attribute can be a text, date, or an option from the given drop-down list. In this case, we have selected date as the Type.
iii. You can select a specific media type by clicking on the checkbox against it, or you can select ALL checkbox for all media types.
iv. Select the Mandatory checkbox to make a Custom Attribute mandatory and Display with media to enhance search function checkbox to make the attribute searchable and display the custom attribute on the Playback page.
v. Click on Add
5. Once you have added the attribute, click on the Save button.
6. To view the result of the newly added custom attribute, click on the Add New Media (+) icon from the top menu bar to upload media.
7. At the Add New Media page, click on Upload Media box.
8. At Upload Media page, click on Capture/Browse & Upload and select any digital media file you wish to upload.
9. You will be directed to the Media Settings, click on the Custom tab.
10. At the Custom tab:
i. Click on the Calendar icon and choose a date.
ii. Click on Save.
iii. Now click on the media thumbnail to direct to the Playback page.
11. The custom attributes will appear just below the player.
4. The changes have been updated.
Steps to Delete Custom Attributes
1. Go to Channel Settings and click on Custom Attribute tab.
2. Click on Delete icon for deleting a custom attribute.
3. A popup window will appear for confirmation. The message will display that the published media files that will be affected by the change. Click on the Delete to delete the custom attribute.
4. The custom attribute is deleted.
Subject: Custom Attribute