Users in VIDIZMO are authorized persons with predefined roles assigned to them so that they can perform various functions within the application. The assigned permissions define a particular function within the portal. For instance, users with Manager permissions is likely to have access relevant to managing VIDIZMO channels. Similarly, users with viewer permissions are only able to view media from the Channel library.
In VIDIZMO, users can be added either by sending a request to join or by manually adding them to the Channel. In either case, the person adding the user must have Manager+ role to be able to approve the join request or manually add them.
You can learn more about roles by clicking on Understanding VIDIZMO User Roles.
Note that adding users manually feature is controlled by the property "Allow adding new users manually". This option must be turned on from the Channel Access section by navigating to the Membership Type screen:
i. Click on Admin from the top menu
ii. Select Settings
iii. Click on the General tab
iv. Check the box next to "Allow adding new users manually"
There are 2 scenarios involving adding users to the Channel:
1. Adding existing users to the Channel: This scenario involves adding existing users who are already registered in your Account (and may have access to other channels) to a new Channel that they do not have access to yet.
2. Adding new users to the Channel: This scenario involves adding new users who are not registered in your Account and do not have authenticated access to any of your Channels.
1. Adding existing users to the Channel
1. Login to your channel as Manager+ Role. Click on Admin on the top menu bar and select Users & Groups from the drop-down menu.
2. In Group Members:
i. Click on Add Users
ii. Select Add [Account Name] Users & Groups
3. On the Add Users and Groups:
i. Click on Select Role drop-down.
ii. Select the required role for the users you want to add to the Channel.
4. In this step:
i. Select the required users from the existing Users list on the left.
ii. Click the > button to add those users to Selected Users / Groups list on the right.
iii. Ensure that the Send notification to selected Users/Groups checkbox is checked so that the selected users are notified that they have been added to the channel.
iv. Click on the Next button to proceed
5. You will be taken to the Sending Notifications screen:
i. Check the Send Email Forcefully checkbox in case you want the email message to be delivered even if the recipient's server is busy, the inbox is full, etc. Your email message will be delivered sooner or later.
ii. Enter a brief message to inform the user what this notification is about.
iii. Click on the Add Users/Groups button to proceed.
6. A notification will appear confirming the users have been added successfully to the channel.
7. The added user(s) receive an email notification message including the link to access that channel.
8. The users can then click on the link to access the Channel and enter their credentials to sign into the Account.
9. The new user is able to successfully login to the channel.
2. Adding a new user to the Channel
1. From the top menu bar, click on Admin and select Users & Groups from the drop-down menu.
2. On the Group Members screen:
i. Click on the Add Users button
ii. Select Add New Users option from the list
3. A pop-up window opens to Add New Users:
i. Enter the email address of the users to be added, separated by a comma. You can also enter a single user if you are entering just one user.
ii. Click on Select Role to expand the listed options.
iii. Select the role that you want to grant to the users that you are adding.
iv. Click on the Add a personalized message link to expand the text editor and add a personal note in the email notification if needed.
v. Click on the Add Users/Groups button to proceed.
4. A notification message will appear confirming that the required users have been added to the Channel.
5. The added users, on the other hand, will receive an email notification including the link to access the Channel.
6. The users can then click on the link to access the Channel and enter their credentials to sign into the Account:
7. Using their credentials, the users can successfully log into the Channel.