Video embedding is an essential feature any video portal has. However, VIDIZMO takes it to the next level by allowing SSO enabled Embed codes for Sharepoint users. This means you can embed videos designated for Authenticated users into Sharepoint site and let users watch it without having to supply any VIDIZMO credentials.
This is possible using a slightly modified version of Embed code that under the hood uses VIDIZMO for Sharepoint app. This also means VIDIZMO for Sharepoint app must be installed on the Sharepoint instance before you could use this Embed code.
If you haven't installed VIDIZMO for Sharepoint already, please refer to Install & Configure VIDIZMO for Sharepoint for details.
To use SSO Enabled Embed Code, you have to add the Sharepoint site's domain to 'Trusted Domains' in your VIDIZMO Account, prepare the Embed code and drop it on the page where you would like to embed the video. Follow the steps given below:
1. Adding Sharepoint site domain to 'Trusted Domains' is very easy and straightforward:
- Copy the Sharepoint site domain where you would like to embed the videos
- Go to the VIDIZMO Portal and login as 'Administrator' user
- Go to 'Admin' > 'Settings' and then Select 'Login' tab
- Under 'Trusted Domains' section, click the 'Edit' button
- Paste the Sharepoint site domain (without http:// or https://)
- Click 'Done' and then click 'Update' button at the very bottom
When you are adding domain, you can also provide a wildcard domain to allow more than just the main domain for SSO. For example if you have multiple Sharepoint sites on 'abc.sharepoint.acme.com', 'xyz.sharepoint.acme.com' etc. that you want to allow SSO on, then instead of providing domains separately you can simply add '*.sharepoint.acme.com' to the 'Trusted Domains'.
Adding Sharepoint site to the 'Trusted Domains' means telling VIDIZMO that you trust the website and want to allow SSO requests originating from it.
Also you can skip this step if you have already added Sharepoint site domain in 'Trusted Domains' list once. However if the domain of Sharepoint site changes or you wish to embed video in a different Sharepoint site, you'll have to add its domain again in the Trusted list.
2. Copy following Embed code on a notepad, you'll have to modify couple parameters (highlighted in yellow)
<div class="playback_container"> </div>
3. For 'embedCode' value above, you'll have to replace the '<iframe>....</iframe>' highlighted part with the Embed code you obtain from VIDIZMO portal by going to Media Manager.
To obtain Embed code from VIDIZMO:
- Login to the portal using Moderator/Manager or Administrator credentials
- Go to 'Admin' > 'Media Management'
- Select the video you would like to embed
- Click on the 'Embed' button on left
- Adjust size of embed code and copy it
4. Next, you'll have to provide the URL of VIDIZMO for Sharepoint app installed in your Sharepoint instance. You can get that by launching/browsing to the app in browser and copying the domain as well as the main folder it is installed in. Be sure to provide the main folder which should be 'VIDIZMOforSharepoint', unless modified during deployment.
This is necessary as any app installed on Sharepoint is given a random domain name, difficult to predict and since this embed code is dependent on the the 'VIDIZMO for Sharepoint' app, it needs to know where its going to find it.
With the last step completed, you should have a working Embed code. Next, we just have to put this Embed code on the page and experience it.
Steps to put this Embed code into the page are provided below:
5. Go to the page where you would like to embed the video
6. Click on the "Settings" or "Gear" icon as shown below and go to "Edit" page
7. Once in the 'Edit' mode, select "Insert" tab from the toolbar as shown in screenshot below and click on 'Embed Code' from the Ribbon. This will open the embed code window where you can paste the Embed code you prepared in earlier steps. Click 'Insert' after pasting the Embed Code
After adding above script, your final code snippet will look something like this:
8. After inserting the Embed code, you will get the following screen. Click 'Save' or 'Save and Publish' button as shown below to finish editing and make it available for the users