Many organizations need to have their data secure and isolated due to which they want their applications to be deployed either on-premise or in their private cloud. VIDIZMO can be installed in either location depending upon the requirements of the enterprise.
To configure VIDIZMO for On-Premise/Private Cloud, this article will cover the following sections:
- Application Server Requirements
- Installation Prerequisites
- Installation of VIDIZMO on Application Server
For On-Premise/Private Cloud deployment of VIDIZMO, the following necessary installations should also be performed:
1. Setting up an SQL Database Server: Click here on How To Install Microsoft SQL For VIDIZMO Application.
2. Setting up an Application Server and installing Reporting Services. Click here to learn How To Prepare A New Application Server For VIDIZMO.
1. Server/Network Requirements
Following are the minimum requirements for installing VIDIZMO in an on-premise/private cloud environment:
- Windows Server 2012 R2/2016 Standard Edition VM/Physical Server with a minimum of 8GB RAM, 4 Core CPU, 128 GB HDD with 150 Mbps Throughput.
- IIS 8.5 or greater
- Microsoft Office 2013/2016 Professional
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.2
- Microsoft Windows Management Framework 5.1
SQL Reporting Services
Open Firewall Ports between application and database servers: 80, 443, 11211, 1433
Open Firewall Ports 80 and 443 between corporate firewall and following domains. This is required for VIDIZMO Software License Activation, monitoring, receiving ongoing software updates and upgrades, and VIDIZMO player to function properly.
Open Firewall Port 1935 between your live encoder and streaming server, for live streaming purposes. If you are using VIDIZMO ECDN, this port should be open on all ECDN nodes. For cloud-based streaming, following streaming server domains should be open for access via this port:
- All machines should be on the same Local or Virtual Network.
- Administrative access to the VM/server on which VIDIZMO Application will be installed.
- The SQL versions (Service Packs) of Reporting Services and DB Server should match otherwise Reports will not install correctly.
2. Installation Prerequisites
Prerequisites for installation and configuration of VIDIZMO in an On-Premise/Private Cloud environment are:
- MS Office 2013/2016 Professional: This is required for conversion and playback of Documents type media and should be installed on VIDIZMO Application Server.
- Domain Name for your Media Portal: This is the domain name users will type in to access your media portal. The domain name should map to a public (or private in case external access is not intended) IP of VIDIZMO Application Server.
- SSL Certificate for Selected Domain Name (Optional): In case use of HTTPS is required for secure communication between users’ browser and VIDIZMO application.
- SMTP Service Credentials: For VIDIZMO Application to send out email notifications to administrators and users triggered in different scenarios such as registration requests, content upload, content sharing etc. This can be a service account (recommended) or user account that can be obtained from your corporate mail server administrator. Alternatively, it can also be setup with a 3rd party SMTP service such as sendgrid.com, Amazon SES etc.
Before installing VIDIZMO on Application Server, make sure that all the prerequisites are installed and configured on the Application and Database Servers and that both servers are accessible to each other over the network.
Next step is to execute the VIDIZMO Setup Installation Package, please contact your account manager or VIDIZMO implementation support team in case you do not have access to it.
1. Copy the VIDIZMO Setup Installation Package on your Application Server and run it as an administrator.
2. An installation wizard will open. Click "Next" to proceed.
3. Read the License Agreement and then select "I accept the terms in the license agreement." Click "Next" to move to the next step.
4. You can either choose "Complete" setup type (recommended) or "Custom" in case you prefer to select a custom set of features you want to install. Here, select "Complete" Setup type.
5. VIDIZMO Installer Suite will check for the required Windows Features and Roles. If these are installed, then setup will move on to the next step otherwise it will first install the required features and roles before moving on.
6. Following screen will appear to Install Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express SP2 click “Install”.
7. Once done, VIDIZMO Install Shield Wizard window will appear. Click "Next" to begin the process.
8. Read the License Agreement and then select "I accept the terms in the license agreement." Click "Next" to move to the next step.
10. Select "Complete" setup type to install all the required application and libraries for VIDIZMO. This option is recommended if you are installing VIDIZMO for the first time.
11. In this step, you will be required to provide service user account credentials that will be used to run background VIDIZMO services. It is recommended to create a new service user account by clicking on "New User Information..." button. Alternatively, you can also choose to select an existing service user account by clicking on "Browse..." button.
12. In case you want to select an existing service user account, clicking on "Browse..." will open a new dialog window where you can enter the "Domain or Server" name and "Username" of an existing service user account. Click on "Browse" buttons to select the respective values for each of these fields. Note that the service user account must be part of "Administrators" group with administrative access on the local server. Click "OK" to proceed.
13. To create a new service user account (recommended), click on “New User Information...” button.
14. In this dialog window, you will be required to provide:
- Domain or Server: Click "Browse..." to select local server name.
- Group: Click "Browse..." to select "Administrators" group
- User Name: Type in a username.
- Password: Type in a password. VIDIZMO recommends using a strong password that conforms to your IT security policy
- Confirm Password: Type in your password again to confirm.
Click "OK" once done and then Click "Next" to proceed further.
15. In the Logon Information screen, please provide your own Name and your Organization's name. Click "Next."
16. In this step, you will be required to provide the Domain name of your VIDIZMO Media Portal that users will type in their browser to access VIDIZMO. This domain name should be configured in your DNS server and mapped to the internal or external IP address of VIDIZMO Application server. Click here to learn How to Configure Custom Domain on a Channel for public domains. For internal domain, please refer to the administration manual of your internal DNS server. You can always go back and change this domain in VIDIZMO if you need to.
17. This window requires Subdomains Confirmation List. As it is the best practice to use same domain for sub-URLs, click “Next” without making any changes.
18. Select a Database server for VIDIZMO Application to configure the required databases. Select the database server from the drop-down menu. If you do not find the database server in the drop-down menu, then enter its IP in the first field. Furthermore, provide Login ID and password of the user which have "sysadmin" rights. Click "Next."
For this guide, we have used "(local)" as our SQL Server Database is installed on the same machine where we are installing VIDIZMO application. The Login credentials have been taken from "Step 12" of "SQL Server 2016 Installation."
19. Once all of this is configured, you are ready to install VIDIZMO on the server. Click "Install" to begin the installation process.
20. A new Wizard window will appear which will install a "docprint" software in your system. This is required for Document Processing in VIDIZMO. Click “Next” to continue.
21. Select the Destination Location where you want to install "docprint" and click "Next."
22. Select the Start Menu Folder. You can also choose not to create a Start Menu folder if required. Click “Next” to continue.
23. Define Additional Tasks from this window i.e. if you want a desktop and/or a Quick Launch icon. Select your preferred options and click "Next."
24. DocPrint Document Converter is ready to install. Click "Install" to initiate the process.
25. The installation process is started. This will take a couple of minutes to complete.
26. When the installation ends, a pop-up window will appear for confirmation to make DocPrint as your default printer. Click “Yes.”
27. Make sure to deselect the highlighted checkbox and click “Finish” to complete the installation.
28. When all the required features and pre-requisites are installed, the installer will begin the VIDIZMO installation
29. Once the installation process is complete, it will begin to remove the source files as a cleanup process. This may take several minutes.
30. Click on the “Finish” button to complete the installation.
31. The main window of the "VIDIZMO Installer Suite - InstallShield Wizard" displays the installation completed message. Click on the "Finish" button to exit the wizard.
Subject: Central Administration
Action: Get, Update, Add